What campern insurance in NI? (1 Viewer)

cptmango

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
I just got myself a beautiful 1985 VW Caravelle to 4berth conversion and am desperately trying to insure it. A lot of companies I asked said they either do not do conversions (even though it is a quality company who did it) or they do not insure campervans in Northern Ireland. My car insurance gave me a sky high quote and the only other guys who would take me so far were surecom who quoted 300 pounds for 6000 miles per annum, 90 day European cover and interior insured. But then their internet reviews were extremely negative. My first weekend with the camper is coming up and it is just sitting there, I am desperate....

Harveyx

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Camrervan insurance

I was insured with axa through Dolmen insurance brokers in dublin but changed to RV and their rates were too high so changed to NFU and got what I consider a good deal
Try your local NFU office or you could try
Dolmen Insurance Brokers Ltd
Butterly Business Park
Unit 44
Artane
Dublin 5
Telephone:
01 867 2121
LO-CALL: 1890 201 603
Fax: 01 867 2123
Email: info@dolmen-insurance.ie

OP
OP
C

cptmango

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
camper insurance

Thanks Harvey, I' ll try those options

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

cptmango

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
campervan insurance NI

I finally will try Dolmen now since I ve been through another dozen companies that either didnt like my postcode, the conversion, my age (30) or other aspects that are just not easily changed. The NFU gave me a quote of £650 which I think is very steep though on the positive side it didn't have a limit on miles nor did it matter whether it was a second vehicle or not. Hope Dolmen will be ok though I did hear they insist on an engineers report which will set me back another 80 quid (though it was professionally converted by Badger in Lisburn).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back