What are your thoughts on this power pack? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We have seen this in Halfords -
Ring Heavy Duty Power Pack jump starter. It should jump start 3.2 lt diesel car, it has a 300 watt inverter, USB charger, LED light and couple other things. £150. It weighs quite a bit 14.5 kg !!What are your thoughts on it. There's another smaller one similar but only 2lt jump starter - Phaze 4 in one jump started only £40 reduced from £60. which hasn't got the inverter. Anyone got either of these that can recommend.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
I bought something like this in Switzerland, a few years ago, when my Renault decided to fry its alternator(s!!!) whilst touring Italy and Switzerland.

They work.......sort of. You have to understand that devices like this have a very small battery inside, so are pretty much of a one-shot starter, before the battery needs charging up again.

Given the choice, I would probably buy another battery, some decent jump cables, a small inverter, and pocket the savings!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
How many times do you breakdown with a flat battery ?? and do you have breakdown cover..
Looks like just some extra weight to carry around...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We carry one of these in our camper and no there not a joke. The battery on my 2.5ltr diesel Nissan Navara pickup is on it's way out and after a couple of days non use the battery is flat and this little kiddy of a jump start pack starts in no problem. Yes we have breakdown cover but why sit around for an hour or so waiting for a jump start when you can be off and away in minutes and it charges phones, runs laptops and USB powered items for hours. I did a fair amount of searching around the net for a decent one and for the money this one came out top.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I just carry a decent set of jump leads, there is normally someone around willing to help out with a bit of free electrically :D

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The battery on my 2.5ltr diesel Nissan Navara pickup is on it's way out and after a couple of days non use the battery is flat

Wouldn't it be easier just getting a new battery? :D

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yup, and will do at some point. It's a waste of money keeping the Navara at the moment but it's the only 4/5 seater that we have and we need to drag the inlaws about in it for a while then I'll get shot of it.

Has the special bearing gone in the engine or didn't it affect yours?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I wouldn't leave home without our jump start pack, it weighs next to nothing so no real weight penalty. Remember that some people don't like giving a jump start from their own cars, the electronics are sensitive & you might well get a refusal when you ask someone for assistance.

@CCC popped something similar to mine on. I believe the AA & RAC are trialling these packs now.

Hope this helps....Robert.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOCO-Geni...904954&hash=item41c4b0e48b:g:rX0AAOSw1~JZSoSM

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Given the choice, I would probably buy another battery, some decent jump cables, a small inverter, and pocket the savings!
Exactly what I was going to say!!! (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just a word of warning ... be very careful if you are asked to provide a jump start to someone's vehicle as you can fry your own vehicle's ECU in the process ... this isn't a joke, it happens and if it does it can cost a lot of money to put right!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back