What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
The wife has talked my in to going with her to taking 5 of our grandchildren to the Christmas pantomime (jack and the Beanstalk) today at the town hall.Wonder who will be behind me?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Well, Saturday was spent at family wedding at Lake Crackenback, south of Canberra, Aus, Sunday BBQ at same place followed by flight home via Singapore, currently sat in airport snoozing lounge waiting for flight to Heathrow. Goodbye to the shorts.... ah well all good things sadly come to an end??✈️✈️✈️???️?️???

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Well, Saturday was spent at family wedding at Lake Crackenback, south of Canberra, Aus, Sunday BBQ at same place followed by flight home via Singapore, currently sat in airport snoozing lounge waiting for flight to Heathrow. Goodbye to the shorts.... ah well all good things sadly come to an end??✈✈✈???????
Those Aussies are so casual aren't they? When was the last time you went to a wedding in the UK wearing shorts? Even the Kiwis wear long trousers to a wedding.;)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Thinking Chester fairoaks get the Mh ready xmas.
Xmas then either southport or cirencester
Decision decisions

derek-g

Free Member
Jul 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
we are off to barnard castle for the mcc xmas party weekend.
merry christmas to one and all.

Brockley

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630 + mods!
Exp
Since 2006
Just back from wild camping close to the Ayres visitors centre (Isle of Man). Great dark skies (apart from Moon light pollution!). The Geminid meteor showers were bucket list.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Stayed in Teddington with friends, exchanged Christmas presents and went for a meal, great weekend.
We left Teddington Sunday morning and fancied a different route home. We normally stick with the M25 but went the scenic way which was a real treat. I put The Barmy Arms in the sat nav which took us through Twickenham where we found some real gems. We arrived at The Balmy Arms, a pub in a fantastic position right on the Thames. Loads of ducks boats and plenty of female joggers. I then entered my home address into the sat nav, it took us back and fore over the Thames and past Kew Gardens. Fantastic drive on a Sunday morning, little traffic and loads to look at. We joined the North Circular at Ealing then onto the M1 at Brent Cross and home. What a great start to a Sunday morning. We had a veggie breakfast in Radlett at our favorite greasy spoon then into Watford for a bit of shopping. :xThumb:

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Stayed in Teddington with friends, exchanged Christmas presents and went for a meal, great weekend.
We left Teddington Sunday morning and fancied a different route home. We normally stick with the M25 but went the scenic way which was a real treat. I put The Barmy Arms in the sat nav which took us through Twickenham where we found some real gems. We arrived at The Balmy Arms, a pub in a fantastic position right on the Thames. Loads of ducks boats and plenty of female joggers. I then entered my home address into the sat nav, it took us back and fore over the Thames and past Kew Gardens. Fantastic drive on a Sunday morning, little traffic and loads to look at. We joined the North Circular at Ealing then onto the M1 at Brent Cross and home. What a great start to a Sunday morning. We had a veggie breakfast in Radlett at our favorite greasy spoon then into Watford for a bit of shopping. :xThumb:
My parents used to live just along the towpath next to Marble Hill Park... Very pleasant but a long time ago now. :xThumb:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
What am I doing this weekend
Saturday and Sunday I'm doing my Charity work on the Chesterfield Canal as a Boatman for Santa

I'm hoping that it stops me from worrying too much about Stephanie as we visit the hospital on Monday for her Pre-Op visit prior to her Pacemaker being fitted in January

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Planning what we can get in our new “Ryanair approved” small cabin bag for the Christmas Eve flight to Limoge. Handy to have acquired some Moho packing skills over the last two years!
Free house stay with friends on condition that I peel, chop and cook on Xmas day. Seems fair enough to me.

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Found myself packing the motorhome up and the missis, drove to Broadway Cotswolds. Glad we did four hours and a bit, and a nice night thus far. Couple of beers in the villiage and chippy van at sight (no gravy mind ?‍♂️) christmas spirit not dead with these folk...
20191221_161700.jpg
20191221_165218.jpg
20191221_182601.jpg

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
What am I doing this weekend
Saturday and Sunday I'm doing my Charity work on the Chesterfield Canal as a Boatman for Santa

I'm hoping that it stops me from worrying too much about Stephanie as we visit the hospital on Monday for her Pre-Op visit prior to her Pacemaker being fitted in January
2019-12-21  JV.jpg
Though a picture of our boat might be good

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
We had intended to set off to Mojacar today and have a few days there in the run up to new year but we’ve both got stinking colds so no point. Hoping to feel well enough in a few days to pop down to Bolnuevo, park the van up next to our friends house which is right on the paseo and celebrate New Year’s Eve on the beach. It’s always a good test of our language skills as we are the only Brits amongst Spanish, French, Finnish, Italian, Swedish etc. Though by the end of the night I’ll probably have lapsed into sounding like someone from Allo Allo!

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Catching the ferry from Picton to Wellington, sailing through the Marlborough Sounds, and spending five weeks touring the North Island of NZ. I have to admit that we will see some of the most spectacular scenery (actually, the South Island is better) but we've done it many, many times. Those of you who live in Europe are so lucky. Almost the entire world is your oyster. We just have two islands.

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016
Catching the ferry from Picton to Wellington, sailing through the Marlborough Sounds, and spending five weeks touring the North Island of NZ. I have to admit that we will see some of the most spectacular scenery (actually, the South Island is better) but we've done it many, many times. Those of you who live in Europe are so lucky. Almost the entire world is your oyster. We just have two islands.

But what a spectacular "2 islands" they are. Would love to go back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back