What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
WOW enjoy ,are you going Hawaii untill October .
I have arranged three house exchanges (Honolulu, Maui and the Big Island) of two weeks each taking us through September and just into October. I prefer to go in the off season, but they want our house from Christmas through to end of January, which is understandable but means we have to go away in the motorhome during the school holidays and at the busiest time of year.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Where did you get that hat? I’m going to Mitre 10 this afternoon to buy my bedding plants. I’ve spent a fortune there over the years and they’ve never given me so much as a pensioner’s discount yet alone a hat!
Ah well, not given. Mitre 10, Hastings NZ$5.
Son and family live in Havelock North. Usually stock up on BBQ accessories when we visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
We're going over on Wednesday evening after work, heading to Montreuil sur Mer for the first night then over to Arras on Thursday. There's a new aire at Arras we want to try as we've not been to Arras before.
We were at Arras last week on the new aire, which is great. It’s all tarmac with decent sized bays. Very quiet at night despite its location, daytime donkey braying. I can say it drains well as we as we had the mother of all thunderstorms followed by the daughter. You need to use your barcode ticket to turn on the electric and get water. Not a huge amount to do in Arras but its Grand Place is grand with lots of bars/restaurants. We enjoyed the 45 minute tour of the underground caverns which starts at the Tourist Information centre. Enjoy your stay there.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Ah well, not given. Mitre 10, Hastings NZ$5.
Son and family live in Havelock North. Usually stock up on BBQ accessories when we visit.
Your son lives in a lovely part of the North Island, as long as he drinks the local wine and not the water!
My grandparents lived near Nuneaton, in a place called Ridge Lane, next to the sewage works! Many family members, including my father, are buried at Ansley. My Godfather was the vicar there.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We were at Arras last week on the new aire, which is great. It’s all tarmac with decent sized bays. Very quiet at night despite its location, daytime donkey braying. I can say it drains well as we as we had the mother of all thunderstorms followed by the daughter. You need to use your barcode ticket to turn on the electric and get water. Not a huge amount to do in Arras but its Grand Place is grand with lots of bars/restaurants. We enjoyed the 45 minute tour of the underground caverns which starts at the Tourist Information centre. Enjoy your stay there.
We did the tunnels a few years ago when we stayed on the old aire. They put guards at each end of it as travellers were trying to get on so it definitely felt very safe overnight!

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Your son lives in a lovely part of the North Island, as long as he drinks the local wine and not the water!
My grandparents lived near Nuneaton, in a place called Ridge Lane, next to the sewage works! Many family members, including my father, are buried at Ansley. My Godfather was the vicar there.
Small world, isn't it? No shortage of great wines, fruit and honey around Havelock North and it was a great shame about the aquifers becoming contaminated with bacteria. Still a very beautiful place to bring up a family. But then, you're not short of great wines around you, either!
Some people call Yorkshire Godzone but I think that title goes to NZ.

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
just left Meridian showground at Cleethorpes, crossed the Humber bridge which was a bit of a bum clencher due to the winds, arrived at Filey Brigg country park for 4 nights where we met Mick and Ruth last weekend for the first time, lovely couple btw?

Home tuesday for a day and pre op wednesday then back out to Abbey Showground Whitby for the Platinum jubilee weekend 👍
Great to meet you pair as well(y), good luck with the pre op and the op when it happens. Back to week 7 of dust sandwiches got the patio being re pointed and decorator starts tomorrow. Enjoy Whitby and have one for me at the micro brewery :drinks:

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Collecting the van tomorrow early doors from storage , home and then prepping for an early departure Weds to Burford CAMC site for 5 nights of chilling bliss after the last few days of utter agony after been near stung to death by red ants whilst trimming our hawthorn hedging . The 50 plus stings are itching like I’ve never itched before and each one has a huge blister head ! I dont usually drink during the week but I’ve well n truly sought solace in red wine !

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'll be displaying here on the 4th but the engine is now swapped for a feb 1952 appropriate to her Majesty

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Just arrived in Burford , good journey down , itching at bearable level today !
Lovely site , bike ride tmoz after green lamb curry tonight with a visit to the local hostelry , .

Attachments

• 754962B7-4405-4470-9562-3D6FAB437E03.jpeg
    754962B7-4405-4470-9562-3D6FAB437E03.jpeg
    741.7 KB · Views: 24
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Working at Hospital Friday 8am to 4pm, off Saturday for a Jubilee shindig with the “faaaaamly”, then back at work Sunday at Hospital again 1pm to 9pm.
Its all go here 😂

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We're on the boat this weekend and on the tenth the camper is going through its not fingers crossed for a pass.
The wee man will be with us for a few days he had a DOE expitition two days with the new school he is at spending a day or two with his mum then coming to us for a few days
Haven seen him since he went to the new schoole
Bill

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Looking like we could be on the choo choo on Sunday the way things are going. What with the farce of having to get to Calpe and Campello at the start of the trip and foregoing Portugal we will be 10 14 days light on this jaunt.
Potes deffo been the highlight.
Calling in at Rocamadour and Nantes Mechanical place on the way up.
Can't go on the Santander ferry, i aint got a dog.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Saturday get the MoHo back from storage and get it cleaned up ready for the French Trip starting midweek. Start loading up the essentials.

Sunday I am doing leg 79 of the Relay Riders UK charity ride. It's not a long one for me but I'll take the V-Strom rather than the Kettle.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Off to the Norfolk Broads, first time as we usually go to Sandringham CC site. I don't want to go there anymore since my dog Stanley died, he loved the beach walks in that area :cry: edited to say, we are booked for 4 nights in a pub car park, no EHU or any other services, ermm just thought about toilet cassette :unsure: Steve........................

Gina

Last edited:
May 17, 2022
North West, England, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Tuscana
Heading to Knockhill racing circuit for the British Touring Cars Championship with my grandson (14) who's entered in the karting racing. Here's hoping he does well because there's nothing worse than a teenager having a strop and his mother and father too far away to hand him back to!!
Bluemog, BTCC is at Croft Circuit this weekend.

Jun 17, 2021
Beverley, UK
Funster No
MH
Florium magister74ml
Exp
Been caravanner for over thirty years,now going to have motorhome very soon.
Were just leaving in the van to spend a weekend in Oxford, catch up with my Mum and wander around that great city. How are you spending this weekend? Doing anything nice?
We are at caravan/camping club site at Canterbury nice weather, immaculate site.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Off on our wandering again on Sunday starting with the mining museum near Manchester on the way to Kirkby Stephen. The rest of the wandering will be slowly working our way back to the East coast.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Heading to St David’s on Sunday, for three days, then continuing around Wales but with no fixed itinerary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back