What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2021
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Expedition 66
Exp
Nee
I’m heading off to Barmouth for a couple of days tomorrow. I haven’t been to the north for years (I don’t count work!). Visiting Powis Castle on the way up, and I’ve planned to go to Portmeirion and possibly Bodnant Gardens. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Started my decorating, dining room then the hall. Dreading that with all the doorways and long drop of staircase. Emulsion going on walls today, then await inspection by management......... who will no doubt say it needs another coat.

Don't really mind decorating its the prep and then cleaning those emulsion rollers, the paint they hold...... arghhhh.

I may be let out by Christmas

Better get cracking.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Shrewsbury for a long weekend ( Morris Leisure site ) , Tapas on Friday , Prosecco tasting evening on Saturday and a leisurely stroll and shop at Tanners Wine Store on Sunday , bike ride out on Saturday for a pub lunch .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Taking the not so wee man to rugby Saturday morning to hull for his first proper Mach as Captain of the teem
Bill
1633462666829.jpg
CF

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Getting the long boat and heading off to Portugal for Two weeks. Can't wait. Then next weekend I am competing in Ironman Portugal made up of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 miles on the bike and finishing it off by running a marathon. 2nd Ironman of the year and then I can relax again and take up getting pissed, eating shit and relaxing my legs for a little while.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Best of luck with the Tri.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Persuaded management that having finished decorating dining room and before starting the hall, we should make most of weather. So off to N Devon tomorrow, Damage Barton just outside Woolacombe. Result🤗🤗🤗

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
going out for a jolly without having to turn the radio up to hide the whining of a bad os front bearing :Grin:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Starting tomorrow we are going to our granddaughters wedding V2

She got married on September 28th but her mum, our daughter was in ICU with Covid, so wedding V2 is a small family affair so mum can be in the V2 wedding photos.

My right hip, which i’ve had for 24 years needs replacement again been informed this morning, so now got that to look forward to not. 😱

We should have been packing the van thursday to travel down to Folkstone at the weekend for a 90 day trip away but a MRI scan next wednesday for Prostrate cancer has put paid to that 😢

So I hope everyone has a lovely weekend
and make the most of what you have whilst you can 👍👍

Al

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Booked a pitch in Mundelsey Norfolk for three nights starting Saturday. We might stay out a bit longer depending on appointments etc.
Management is away tomorrow night at her friends so I will have a couple of days getting things ready. I think it’s time for the winter duvet and muttlies extra blanket.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
The nature reserve further along the coast in Freshfield with its red squirrels is an easy walk along paths.
Some nice shops and cafes and pub/restaurants amongst the others in Formby Village includes a "Spoons"
Also coastal path to Hightown is okay the Railway pub is good also could hop on train from there back to Formby.
Train or drive to Southport if wanting further afield.
The "Iron Men" @ Crosby easy reach from either Hall Road - Crosby or Waterloo Stations.(hard to park a MH around there)
If using trains get an "all area saver" £5.50 each and you can then travel the whole Mersey railway system for the day.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back