What are you up to this weekend? (5 Viewers)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Parked up at a CL on the Thames , great location £11 a night
079FD3A3-5B93-4401-AB80-9D7412815B05.jpeg

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
I had a lovely mini meet with friends at the Talbot Inn, Knightwick Worcestershire. Free hook ups for 4 vans, lovely views and walks, and nice food too.
Oh and they have a microbrewery and bakery on site.:)

Fabulous weather too.
Back to work, weekend at home, and then Jim and Sians rally, and the Lincoln show to look forward to.

this just had me going thinking i'll add this to my list for a quick stopover as a treat but the reviews on tripadvisor are pretty awful, even to the point of graphic :-(

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Pau;

I don't thnk the food is fantastic, and it is a bit pricey. Currently £20 for two courses of Sunday lunch, and £25 for 3 courses. However, they also have their bar menu on a Sunday, which is more reasonable. However, the beer is lovely, and the setting is fantastic, with great staff. There are a lot of very positive reviews too, and certainly the pub was busy when we were there.

The comment about looking after the hunt, rather than passing trade says it all really. A rural pub, in farming/hunting and shooting country is going to support its regulars and local trade. Not that i support the hunt.

The beef and steaks are excellent, and sourced from the local butcher (I live 4 miles away, so know the area well). The mixed veg served in a bowl, is from their kitchen garden on site, a bit rustic, and a mix of whatever is in season. This weekend there was a lot of courgette on the menu in various forms!!. Plus baby broad beans, various squashes, carrots, and greens.

I like the atmosphere there very much.

Oh, and there is a beer festival on 1st - 3rd October. Free parking, and no worries about driving home. Happy daze.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Hi Pau;

I don't thnk the food is fantastic, and it is a bit pricey. Currently £20 for two courses of Sunday lunch, and £25 for 3 courses. However, they also have their bar menu on a Sunday, which is more reasonable. However, the beer is lovely, and the setting is fantastic, with great staff. There are a lot of very positive reviews too, and certainly the pub was busy when we were there.

The comment about looking after the hunt, rather than passing trade says it all really. A rural pub, in farming/hunting and shooting country is going to support its regulars and local trade. Not that i support the hunt.

The beef and steaks are excellent, and sourced from the local butcher (I live 4 miles away, so know the area well). The mixed veg served in a bowl, is from their kitchen garden on site, a bit rustic, and a mix of whatever is in season. This weekend there was a lot of courgette on the menu in various forms!!. Plus baby broad beans, various squashes, carrots, and greens.

I like the atmosphere there very much.

Oh, and there is a beer festival on 1st - 3rd October. Free parking, and no worries about driving home. Happy daze.
Beer festival!! Say no more! :)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
WHAT AM I DOING TODAY.

I have made my Ye Old'e Oak Ham butties with tomatoes on.
Will go the long way around on my bike to Tissington near Ashbourne where i will eat my butties (and 2 sugar free choccy biscuits).
In the flask will be some nice Nescafe Coffee.

Then a nice long way ride home.

Jun 13, 2021
Northallerton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Duetto
Exp
Newbies
Thus weekend I shall be mainly pogoing (not really, bad knees) to some SKA over in Redcar.

Dottie is having a trip to the Rugby Club!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are already set up at the South West motorhome show and chilling out. its been hot but now just right

Attachments

• 2021-09-08 14.52.06.jpg
    2021-09-08 14.52.06.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Anything therevto spend money on that you can't get in the pound shop on the nick knack stalls 😁

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
4 days scuba diving in Cornwall
Did you?
Dry or wetsuit?

What was the water clarity like & did you see much.

I've only (been lucky enough) dived in warm tropical waters & have always assumed the water off UK coast to be be cold & murky.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Did you?
Dry or wetsuit?

What was the water clarity like & did you see much.

I've only (been lucky enough) dived in warm tropical waters & have always assumed the water off UK coast to be be cold & murky.
We only got 3 days diving as the weather changed, have a look in photo of the day thread from couple of weeks back and you will see where we were diving and an example of what you can see.
Definitely dry suits in the UK you can dive in semidry suits this time of year but its not much fun. Visibility was about 5m most of the time. Diving here is nothing like the Maldives or Red Sea liveaboards but still loads to see just have to look harder. You do get shoals but not to the same extent or diversity. Most of my diving has been in Tropical waters but still enjoy diving over here. Off to Bonaire at Christmas for a weeks diving, it will be the first time my 15 & 13 year old daughters will have dived outside the UK and they are in for a great surprise and wont believe the amount of life.
If you want to try an easy UK dive for the first one have a look at Swanage Pier, only 6m deep but lots of life and people do it in wetsuits during the summer.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Not this weekend but from about the 20th looking for a 6 dayish decent weather window to do the NC500 on my BIKE. Will be another item ticked off the list.
Done it in a convertible car with the top down in November a few years back.
1st day and last day will be long high mileage days.
Then clockwise from KOL to Inverness 4 or 5 days hotels, B&B, Air B&B etc pre booked so will have targets to meet. The way i like it.

Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
I’m staying at what looks to be a lovely CL near Bridgend on Friday, them metal detecting at Cowbridge on Saturday.
Where exactly is that CL please ? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
South West show bought spare gas bottle 😁

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Trip to storage this weekend with buckets, hose pipe, brushes etc. Not polishing, just getting rid of road grime and leaves.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Karting at Bayford Meadows, Sittingbourne Kent. Be sat in the sun with my flask and sarnies. And a big hat to keep the sun/ rain off😁😁

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
This weekend I've been VERY brave!!!

1. Some of you may have read that I've been having trouble with my TV/DVD combo in my MoHo. The previous owners had left a DVD in there and it woud play fine, try to eject but not actually come out....even though on screen it said Eject then No DVD. After trying several things I decided to try the most radical suggestion (to me!).....remove the back of the TV :eek::eek: So, after removing it from the bracket, I managed to get the back off and lifted it very carefully so I didn't snag any cables or whatever. Hey presto, I had access to the DVD. I pulled it out with no problem at all. This was a copy and straight away it felt thicker than a standard DVD. Anyway, I got everything back together, got the TV back on the bracket and inserted a genuine (and thinner) DVD. IT WORKED!!! Phew! Not only did it work but it ejected fine. I'm super happy!! :giggle::cool:(y) The conclusion: this DVD player does not like thick DVDs :)

2. We have a small roof light above the fixed bed at the back of the MoHo. The netting was a bit baggy and also not glued down in about half of the edging. So, out came the screw driver again and I removed the outer rim and then the inner bit holding the netting. OMG, the screws on the inner bit were about 3' long, tight and took nearly all day to remove. My arms were killing by the end of it :eek:(n):oops:🤯 Anyway, I found some Gorilla glue and ran a small bead around the loose edges and pushed the netting into the glue with a teaspoon (hey, it worked, you know, who needs fancy tools, right?!). The frame is now sitting in the kitchen waiting to dry, while my biceps calm down and I drink some coffee. Later, when it's dry, I'll get it all back together again. Then, I can have the skylight open without mozzies and spiders joining me in bed 😱 The conclusion: Fixing skylight netting is easy :)

The conclusion to both of these things: I thought both of these things would be in my husband's remit, but NO, I did these myself and I'm chuffed to bits. :cheers: to myself. A good end to the weekend :D

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
This weekend I've been VERY brave!!!

1. Some of you may have read that I've been having trouble with my TV/DVD combo in my MoHo. The previous owners had left a DVD in there and it woud play fine, try to eject but not actually come out....even though on screen it said Eject then No DVD. After trying several things I decided to try the most radical suggestion (to me!).....remove the back of the TV :eek::eek: So, after removing it from the bracket, I managed to get the back off and lifted it very carefully so I didn't snag any cables or whatever. Hey presto, I had access to the DVD. I pulled it out with no problem at all. This was a copy and straight away it felt thicker than a standard DVD. Anyway, I got everything back together, got the TV back on the bracket and inserted a genuine (and thinner) DVD. IT WORKED!!! Phew! Not only did it work but it ejected fine. I'm super happy!! :giggle::cool:(y) The conclusion: this DVD player does not like thick DVDs :)

2. We have a small roof light above the fixed bed at the back of the MoHo. The netting was a bit baggy and also not glued down in about half of the edging. So, out came the screw driver again and I removed the outer rim and then the inner bit holding the netting. OMG, the screws on the inner bit were about 3' long, tight and took nearly all day to remove. My arms were killing by the end of it :eek:(n):oops:🤯 Anyway, I found some Gorilla glue and ran a small bead around the loose edges and pushed the netting into the glue with a teaspoon (hey, it worked, you know, who needs fancy tools, right?!). The frame is now sitting in the kitchen waiting to dry, while my biceps calm down and I drink some coffee. Later, when it's dry, I'll get it all back together again. Then, I can have the skylight open without mozzies and spiders joining me in bed 😱 The conclusion: Fixing skylight netting is easy :)

The conclusion to both of these things: I thought both of these things would be in my husband's remit, but NO, I did these myself and I'm chuffed to bits. :cheers: to myself. A good end to the weekend :D
men have the gadgets women do the job :whistle2: but saying that when I could not fix my drips it was our friendly male funsters who steped up and solved it you know who you are and I am very grateful ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back