What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
We have just returned home after spending the NZ Labour Weekend public holiday at Reefton Racecourse on the West Coast of the South Island. It was a motorhome rally with up to 500 motorhomes camped in the centre of the racecourse. We helped Reefton celebrate its 150th anniversary, doubled the town's population and gave a healthy boost to their economy, but sadly not a horse in sight. The racecourse is closed, just like the local gold mine.
Reefton Rally Labour Weekend 2020 3.jpg
Reefton Rally Labour Weekend 2020 4.jpg
Reefton Rally Labour Weekend 2020 8.jpg
Reefton Rally Labour Weekend 2020 10.jpg

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We have just returned home after spending the NZ Labour Weekend public holiday at Reefton Racecourse on the West Coast of the South Island. It was a motorhome rally with up to 500 motorhomes camped in the centre of the racecourse. We helped Reefton celebrate its 150th anniversary, doubled the town's population and gave a healthy boost to their economy, but sadly not a horse in sight. The racecourse is closed, just like the local gold mine.View attachment 436169View attachment 436170View attachment 436174View attachment 436176
Whatever happened to the SD. Id it all clear in NZ??? Looks chaotic......but fun.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
1st day in Lake District. Walked into Pooley Bridge, lovely little village. Had brunch in Granny Dowbekins riverside cafe. Best full English for a long time (think i said that at the last place we were at).
Then walked back and what felt like the full circumnavigation of Ullswater (probable 2 mile each way only, as knackered) Stopped in Waterside working farm site for tea, again lovely. No such thing as bad weather, only bad cloathing.
Loving it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Serious lockdown here in Central Portugal.
Not allowed out of your own district on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Unfortunately my Kangoo and the new van are registered in a different district to QMJ so if the garage does finish the engine job by Friday I will be restricted to an area that does not include QMJ.
So, if finished, I will check out the engine repair by driving around and around in circles... lol

JJ :cool:

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Whatever happened to the SD. Id it all clear in NZ??? Looks chaotic......but fun.
Since May we have been averaging one or two cases per day and no deaths. There has been a rare spike up to 20 in a day. Apart from one community outbreak in Auckland a month or so ago, all are cases that are discovered among people being kept in isolation hotels after being allowed into the country. Most are Kiwis returning to NZ from India and China, it seems, but we have just had a cluster among a group of deep sea fishermen who are from Russia and Ukraine.
Our only restrictions are at our international borders and we have to keep using our QR tracking devices and, of course, hand sanitising and testing if showing symptoms.
We went hard from the start, and it appears to be paying off. I think the main risk now is complacency and the occasional idiot who manages to escape from the isolation hotels to buy cigarettes and booze. This despite the hotels being guarded by the military.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We always go away the nearest weekend to bonfire night just to avoid the fireworks. Not this year though. Instead I’m felling some very small trees at my son in law’s tennis club which is closed. So a good time to do it.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Outdoor Christmas tree lights up (3) with over 1000 lights per tree.
Was to be last weekend, but monsoon wind and rain ended that.
Then paint the kitchen ceiling where we had a small pipe leak in the loft playroom conversion.
Then after Breakfast......................... 😊

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Outdoor Christmas tree lights up (3) with over 1000 lights per tree.
Was to be last weekend, but monsoon wind and rain ended that.
Then paint the kitchen ceiling where we had a small pipe leak in the loft playroom conversion.
Then after Breakfast......................... 😊
Crikey, better not let my missus see that post or she will have me out in the garden tonight.:rofl:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not a lot it’s the weekend lol Still try to chill at the weekend as we did when we both worked . Look out the window at the van . Week one of lockdown over :)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Well, here in Wales, my six week lockdown is over - Yippeeeeeeeeee!

But despite having the freedom to go anywhere (in Wales) the weather is looking horrible - so, a bit of classic race bike tinkering, watching MotoGP and some shower dodging walking

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Watching MotoGP, F1, golf as well I think, avoiding shops, ignoring housework, folding clean clothes, and eating. I shall be eating.
Oh, and only short walks walking until Monday. The lanes get busy at weekends.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back