What are you up to this weekend? (2 Viewers)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Heading up to Maryport in Cumbria into the eye of the storm if the weatherman is to be believed.

Well the weather man for once got it spot on. We had an unrelenting 50mph gale and horizontal rain on Friday. The staff at the Marina campsite allowed us to place our van diagonally across the pitch into the south westerly gale then turn the van almost 90 degrees when the wind changed to a north westerly on Saturday night.
Never been more glad to have our E&P self levelling, kept the van rock steady. Pity they couldn't drown the din of the gale whistling through the yachts masts and ropes! Great site all round, looking forward to going back again. (y)

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Going on the tunnel for a month in No Toll No Fines France (ie Germany lol) and then finey costie Loire Valley. Got to train and offered an earlier one for free. Picked that, was delayed a little so we went at the original flippin time anyway in the end lol

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Wild camping, Loch Ken, Dumfries & Galloway.

There’s a small team of us providing essential kayak safety cover for a wild swimming event, 2 night races on Friday, with daytime races on Saturday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp

There’s a small team of us providing essential kayak safety cover for a wild swimming event, 2 night races on Friday, with daytime races on Saturday.

I've never heard of night races before, just in time for the weather turning colder!
I fished a number of matches on Loch Ken near Parton before I moved to Wales 16 years ago. We intend touring Dumfries and Galloway as our main holiday next summer, looking forward to that.
Just after I read this thread I checked my emails and I got this offer which may be of interest to you as a kayaker Ken.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've never heard of night races before, just in time for the weather turning colder!
I fished a number of matches on Loch Ken near Parton before I moved to Wales 16 years ago. We intend touring Dumfries and Galloway as our main holiday next summer, looking forward to that.
Just after I read this thread I checked my emails and I got this offer which may be of interest to you as a kayaker Ken.
Thanks for the link WBD, but I’ve recently spent a small fortune on Overboard dry bags and I’m fully stocked at the moment.

Give me a shout if you’re nearby Kirkcudbright next year and if I’m around it would be good to meet for a cuppa ?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Setting off for our next little adventure on Thursday, and by Sunday we will be in La Bella Italia. And I don't mean one of the UK restaurant chain.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Picking the van up from storage to drive to Canterbury P&R tomorrow morning, ferry Thursday morning, Mesnieres-en-bray for the 1st night & the weekend should be spent deciding whether to explore the Costa Verde or push on to Portugal.

Shouldn't wish my life away but I can't wait, haven't been away foreign since last November.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
off to the euro finals at santa pod in the morning, my first year of not racing in over 40 years which will be really weird

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Thanks for the link WBD, but I’ve recently spent a small fortune on Overboard dry bags and I’m fully stocked at the moment.

Give me a shout if you’re nearby Kirkcudbright next year and if I’m around it would be good to meet for a cuppa ?
Will do, I'd like that (y)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Annual trip to Farleigh Castle Vets Motocross. 4 days of drinking interspersed with having to ride round in circles.. maybe catch MichelleRyall and her other half for a cold one at some point.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007

We really appreciate the kayak safety support people on our swims.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Setting off today for Belgrade via tunnel, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Croatia and Serbia... Not due back till end of November all being well. Will probably be seeking advice once l enter Czech Republic and beyond please.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Loading the car Saturday, bikes and all, Sunday catching 06.50 train to France going to Twin Lakes until Mid November to stay in our static

unnamed (7).jpg

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Annual trip to Farleigh Castle Vets Motocross. 4 days of drinking interspersed with having to ride round in circles.. maybe catch MichelleRyall and her other half for a cold one at some point.

Def, hubby there from Thursday morning. I can’t leave until Friday after work but looking forward to a weekend of bikes and bullshit. And a parkrun on Saturday morning too. :)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Taking the van back to dealer to find out why it floods when I fill it with fresh water. Then off to Bayford Meadows kart racing ( not me I am a Steward )

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Back to camping on the farm at Aberaeron for the second weekend in a row, hopefully for a rest this time. Last weekend we had the kids, their spouses and grandkids in tents , came home more tired than we went. Good weather forecast so we'll be chilling out :drink:

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Late stag do drinks tomorrow with my youngest son’s future Father in-law.. a gentle affair as he didn’t want to come with us on the actual stag weekend (wise man)

Sunday I am off to pick up our first MH in the NE (thanks Old-Mo) and we’re rather excited ???

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm hoping Camelot are open in the morning so we can pop down and pick up my millions. Not sure how we will spend the rest of the weekend yet though.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm hoping Camelot are open in the morning so we can pop down and pick up my millions. Not sure how we will spend the rest of the weekend yet though.
You beat me to it. I was going to say looking round houses down South so I could move in as soon as.. Little un here comes your nana. :)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Cycling up Col D'Aubisque tomorrow. Not looking forward to the triple arrow section on the map!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back