What are you up to this weekend? (5 Viewers)

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Getting the van ready for the first trip out since coming back from France last September. Having a few days at Jasmin Camping.
Not been able to get out before now and may not be many outings this year. Recently had my daughters wedding, babysitting, hospital/care home visits and now looking to move (been here over twenty years, so downsizing) to bungalow about 15 miles away. Bungalow needs a lot of work doing as previously owned by late 96 year old f.i.l. - got to buy out s.i.l. first. Got good parking for motorhome and a vegetable garden, so have been thinking about this possible move for a year or so now. Never lived in a bungalow or a village before, so going to be a different experience.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Another trip to Germany but in a tin bird this time, hopefully next time I come over I’ll be driving a new van back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Not been away in the van since November then all the electrical problems that are at long last resolved. Moved the gates forward to make more room for the van and built a new wall, laid a half moon patio and made the garden look so tidy.

Off on Sunday over to Peterboroughfor a few days then down to the Newbuty show for next weekend and then another week somewhere. Looking forward to it now!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Spoke too soon about all the electrical problems being resolved!

The mains element in the fridge/freezer packed up last year and I had a new one fitted whilst we were at Polch by the Dometic Mobile Engineer.

Put the fridge/freezer on a few days ago and today it’s room temperature in there on the electric hookup today. I just put it on gas to get it cold and will check it out tomorrow night in terms of fuses, mains trip etc!

Frustrating! I’ll be cross if it’s the element again!

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Our weekend started yesterday with a drive from Cambs to Guildford for a dinner where an old boss was the guest of honour. We hadn’t seen him and his wife for 30 years and it was brilliant catching up! This morning we were in the car again before 7 to get to the National Memorial Arboretum for a memorial service for the Monte Cassino campaign during WW2. Had lunch with a lovely, fascinating 99 years old veteran tank driver then on to the Polish memorial service and finally a service for the Italy Star Association. Got home at 7 this evening and now shattered but feeling very lucky that we don’t have to suffer as these old boys and girls did all those years ago. God bless them.

Lorna and Chris

Free Member
Mar 17, 2019
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy
Exp
Nothing this weekend :( Feeling slightly lost after having the last 4 weekends away on the bounce ... think I’ll have to go and sit in the van later for a cuppa so he doesn’t feel neglected!!! :D

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Finally start packing for the house move after the first buyers pulled out and tried to hit us for 10 grand.
Been a long time coming. So should be done by the 24th.
Oh and renewing our fun membership for another year.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Blackpool CMC, biking into Lytham and St Anne’s for spot of Lunch to celebrate my bday. Oh and maybe a cocktail.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are off to The Westen Isles again with another 3 funsters. Taking mum too since she’s never been but she’s none to happy about lack of shops.
I’ve told her she’s going to relax and admire the scenery :) really looking forward to the trip., along with great company it should be FUN.

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Off to a CAMC motorhome handling course at Stoke Climsland (Cornwall) with SWMBO, so she can get more confident handling Demelza the MoHo if she is required to be the co-driver at any time. I thought I could probably do with a session myself; getting someone else’s feedback and advice on the the way you handle the vehicle is probably a good idea every now and then! (y)

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Prepping GerTee for our Brexit/No Brexit trip to Europe, we can’t wait.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We are off to The Westen Isles again with another 3 funsters. Taking mum too since she’s never been but she’s none to happy about lack of shops.
I’ve told her she’s going to relax and admire the scenery :) really looking forward to the trip., along with great company it should be FUN.
Have a great time, heading that way in three weeks for the first time ..... can't wait:)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have a great time, heading that way in three weeks for the first time ..... can't wait:)
Make sure you book the main inward and outward ferries at least a week in advance. We left it too late and are now having to do the Uig to Tarbert ferry first on Sunday then make our way up to the butt of Lewis and start from the top.

If you've never been you will LOVE IT!....Enjoy

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks. @irnbru We booked it months ago. The hard bit is getting Mrs Wee Bold Davy onto the ferry, she's terrified by the thought!! Hope it's not too rough:whistle:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Presenting trophies at our indoor bowls club tomorrow evening. Sadly it’s the first year since we started playing that my wife Jill hasn’t won anything. Never mind, there’s always next year.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
off to wolverly c&cc site, if we get a crappy pitch again this time i will not be going back...........

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Ok..... so semi crappy pitch
..........however the dog is loving the attention....bar having his ball nicked by a spaniel rofl:D

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20190518_181158.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun