What are you doing this weekend? (1 Viewer)

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Going from sunny essex to bedford to pick up some tyres for the landrover, then washing and polishing THE MH all the rest of the weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Happy family party tonight as a nephew is leaving for London to play rugby for Saracens! :thumb:

Then three of our kids are walking with Scouts to lay a wreath at the village war memorial on Sunday morning.

From one extreme to another...

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
We have an absolutely blank calendar this weekend, so my plan is to do as little as possible, maybe work on a few photos I have been meaning to print, have a chat on the forum, but that's it. I'll be OK as long as Sian doesn't notice that its an empty calendar or she'll start filling it with chores, like painting, tiling and other yukky stuff.

What are you up to..::bigsmile:

Please please follow my emergency instructions.....RUN as fast as ya iccle legs can take ya to dat culinder and den white da following....

"FINISHING OFF BROKEN BOUNDRY WALL AND REPAIRING THE SPROCKET DETACHMENT HARNESS IN THE OVERFLOW TANK. ALL WEEKEND"......

have ya done thats???????????? did ya make it time before ya got a list of chores?????

Lads lads perrrleeaaseeee dont leave a brother in such danger in the future, I thought we were in solidarity over this kinda fing....

phew..he just texted back he wrote it on da calinda and no sign of alternative chores..hes safe....

Dec 10, 2010
where ever we park up
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
just completed 6th year
End of season party tomorrow night then start to pack the fiver up ready to move down to somerset for bit, stopping off at Chepstow for the welcome home prade of the 1st rifles ( my Lads home safe at last) :Smile::Smile::Smile:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
I think i will start a Row with the wife and hope she tells me to ----off in the van:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lads look and learn..this is the sort of advanced behaviour we all expect to asspire to with many years of dedicated practice and focus,
yosser is a black belt 5th dan at avoidance of the chores list....see how his pre-emptive strike unbalances the opposition with the expected retort of the -Off statement from the opposition, and direct and immediate compliance of the command means he dont even have to mow da lawn...brilliant..brilliant....

There are side effect to this course of action....there will no doubt have to be a "making up" collaboration at some point,
be very aware that just after that making up has taken place the opposition WILL slip you a small chore to do prior to the termination of the weekend...even if there is only 5 minutes left on a sunday night the chore list will appear and you should be ready to fake the falling asleep after making up that we men can proudly boast we are so so good at...

we band of brothers

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
End of season party tomorrow night then start to pack the fiver up ready to move down to somerset for bit, stopping off at Chepstow for the welcome home prade of the 1st rifles ( my Lads home safe at last) :Smile::Smile::Smile:

on a serious note which is unusual for me...I am so pleased for your sons safe return.
plus you now will have someone to do the washing up after the sunday roast..double wammy

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

We are all full of colds here and car-less at the moment so will be watching Lord Mayors Parade on Saturday from the lounge and the Remembrance Parade on TV

Its a couch potato weekend here xxx

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]Lads look and learn..this is the sort of advanced behaviour we all expect to asspire to with many years of dedicated practice and focus,
yosser is a black belt 5th dan at avoidance of the chores list....see how his pre-emptive strike unbalances the opposition[/HI]

See thread on Fishing Trip, good practice I think you'll agree Arry, could've come out of the Yosser textbook on "Avoidin' sh*t & stuff.".........Regards brother Griff

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Andrea - Saturday - Washing, hopefully drying and ironing the baby girls laundry so she can go back to Lampter uni on Saturday with enough stuff to get her through to Christmas when she will no doubt return with another 25 loads of dirty washing!!! then possibly off to Swindon to sort out a "Friday" job which has backfired big time!!!
- Sunday F1, cook roast, get everything ready for the next working week.
Mike -Saturday work then go to the motorhome to check everything is ok.
- Sunday F1, eat roast and sleep :roflmto:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Clear the roads, we're off from Kent to the Costwolds tomorrow (Moreton-in-Marsh CC campsite)! Nothing less than 5stars sites for us don't y'know.
Just a couple of nights as I must send my wife back to work on Tuesday :ROFLMAO:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Collecting for the poppy appeal :thumb: it means giving up 8 hours of my day, but then theirs service men and women past and present who have given up a lot more :Sad: if your out tomorrow put a few pence or pounds in the tin even if you already have thanks Gray.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well been busy this week with new kitchen being fitted so tomorrow morning before my game of golf (9.30 i have to plumb in washing machine and dish washer. After my golf i have to put plaster board on some walls and part of the celling. After that fit some floorboards between concrete floor from old coal room(now part of kitchen) to wooden floor of kitchen.

So a quiet day Saturday as for Sunday will be busy washing car and hopefully MH and finishing off some other jobs in the kitchen.

Lorraine has said once im finished i can go for a pint looks like it will be next week then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope you all have a nice weekend

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Did Southport beach race three times once on a YZ250 once on a KX500 and once on a 400 Quad twenty years ago when i was young and stupid finished all three, well down the leader board but finished and lived :Doh:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Spending a long weekend at Waterfront Country Park near Gainsborough.

Golfing planned for Saturday and chilling on Sunday.

Gill

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
weekend

going to see sister act in edinburgh then going to our boat in tarbert loch fyne for a few days. this retirement may just be starting to work have a good weekend the weather should be better than last weekend in whitby

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'll be cutting the bleedin' hedge AGAIN,

last weekend I got half of it down to 6ft from 12ft and about about 3ft wide from 6ft
only another 20 yds to go:cry:

note to self.......cut the hedge more often you idiot !:Doh:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
hope to go and see a new van on sunday :Smile:

That little scout is a fabulous van. We searched high and low for a good example several rears ago, what do you want to look at another van for and out of interest what are you going to look at?

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
That little scout is a fabulous van. We searched high and low for a good example several rears ago, what do you want to look at another van for and out of interest what are you going to look at?

A burstner elegance i 821 and a euramobil 810

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A burstner elegance i 821 and a euramobil 810

I know the Burstner, very nice, had to look up the other one. That is even bigger.

Southdown have them both in stock, best of luck, don't spend it all.....Griff

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Well as our 28 days was up this w/e, we're "away" for the weekend.::bigsmile:
Currently sat up in bed, with the sun streaming through the blinds and looking forrward to a HUUUUUGE breakfast.::bigsmile:
On a new site called Lady Heyes at Frodsham in Cheshire. Bit pricey (by my standards) in summer at about £22 but at this time of year, £15 for some really good facilities.
Brand new site this year and they've really put some thought into it, recon we'll be coming back here a few times (off season! :winky:)
At the back of the site is a large complex of what look like ex WW2 army/airforce barrack buildings, all of which now house arty/crafty type buisnesses so looking forrward to not using the Nav for once and just strolling round mooching round the place.
Might try and stroll up to the campsite bar/bistro tonight for a natter. Although its not functioning fully yet, they've opened it up and said we're welcome to take our own booze and food.::bigsmile:
Gonna be an exhausting weekend this one.............NOT!:ROFLMAO:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
finish tiling kitchen
try not to think about hospital appointment on wednesday
planning a few days away afterwards hope the weather is as good as this week here on Anglesey had some really good sunny days:Cool:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
MH is due a decent pre winter wash and polish protection , so this weekend will be looking to buy cleaning stuff. I usually use autoglym polish ,but have came across their trade range . Looks more or less the the same content as the retail bottles , but at a good saving . Averaging about £33 for 5 litres , against approx £10 for 500ml of the retail bottle.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
up dating the kareoke folders for next years meets

We have got a lot of kareoke CD-G cd's we have aquired that needed to be loaded on to the computer and printed out in two folders for handing around.

the better part of 1,600 songs.. Country, General, 60's 70's and 2000 plus christmas and children songs.. with Sue's help we have just about mastered windows excel 7 - a lot diffeerent to 98 version we both use.

taken for ever to type them and and print the lists.. most done now Saturday afternoon and ready to be used at shows next year... yes we are the ones that make the noise in the Winnebago.. join us anytime and now and then in the tent... all welcome.

Other jobs this weekend is to run up the RV engine and also the generator.. it is closed down for the winter, but still have to give it a once over every week or so.

but most of the weekend like Jim's has been clear and no major heavy jobs sheduled.

Bob

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well Saturday did not turn out as planned. I planned to do little or nothing. :Smile: Its been a lovely day here in Wales, very warm T shirt weather so started the day by fixing a bit of electric fence that surrounds the chickens and a ten minute job turned into a six hour job as I ended up replacing all of it and adding some extra hot wires. Then Sian collared me for leaf duty and I ended up putting a dozen wheelbarrows of the bloody things onto the dung heap. Just snuck into the office now and I think my ordeal is at an end. Roll on tomorrow, a lazy day with the papers. I wish. :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Get a big leaf blower or use the grass cutter to collect them, easy !

Well I did the drive 8 tons of pea shingle plus 3 tons from the waterboard free as the burst 30" water main in the road washed some away three weeks ago.

Plus cut down an oak which was getting too big, now all cut up and on the bonfire in the woods and the stump is out as well.

Thank God for diesel power and a Kubuta !

Peter

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
We are at home this weekend I had lots of chores for Steve ( Ash ) ::bigsmile:
Clean the drive , clean the motorhome , clean the concervatory , cut the grass , I have helped him tho :Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back