What are the best extractor fans for a conversion? (1 Viewer)

boxerconvert

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows what the best extractor fans are within the UK and the rest of Europe. I know that Maxxfan and Fan-tastic vent are known to be great but Maxxfan is a bit out of my budget and Fan-tastic vent isn't available in the UK.

I am looking for something within a budget but it still needs to do the job. It must at least intake and exhaust air, and preferably not sound like a plane taking off.

Let me know your opinions

OP
OP
B

boxerconvert

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oh yes so they do, thanks.

Would you or anyone else know if the Fantastic Vent 1250 is any better than the Fiamma Turbo Vent 40? If so, is it £50 pounds better?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've got a Fiamma extractor and it is a pain as it keeps cutting out. It's also noisy and if you set it to blow into the van rather than extract it hardly moves any air at all. I might replace it with a Fantastic Vent one. There are many different models but the one with the rain sensor is probably the best.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a 400mm Fantastic vent in the roof & I have one of the Fiamma Turbo vents mounted under the main rooflight, the Fiamma hardly shifts any air compared to the Fantastic vent.

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Fantastic , are the gold standard , and last for years . If you fit one of these as well you don't need to spend extra for sensor model , and you can leave open when its raining which is handy at times. I had them on my RV Amazon product ASIN B007HGF398

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

boxerconvert

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all the replies guys. Seems like these Fan-tastic Vents are pretty fantastic then.

The Fan-tastic Vent 1250 is the only one in my price range. Unlike the Fiamma Turbo Vent 40 it doesn't come with a thermostat, but from the sounds of it that would still be worth it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

boxerconvert

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm surprised the Fiamma Turbo Vent 40 is that bad when it costs nearly £200 squid!

Upvote 0

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I'm surprised people are saying the cinema turbo vents aren't very good. We have two on our conversion, one in the washroom one over the kitchen and both work brilliantly. I set the temperature control to around 20-22c with the washroom pulling in and kitchen blowing out and they move plenty of air and help to keep the van comfortable on hot days.

D.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I like the Fiamma. It does what it says, is easy to fit, and like any other normal roof light needs to be lowered or shut in the rain.

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Thanks for all the replies guys. Seems like these Fan-tastic Vents are pretty fantastic then.

The Fan-tastic Vent 1250 is the only one in my price range. Unlike the Fiamma Turbo Vent 40 it doesn't come with a thermostat, but from the sounds of it that would still be worth it?
The 1250 is perfectly adequate , it has all you need just not the fancy bling things . JMHO

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We have two fan-tastic vents in our van and swear by them--------- both are forward/reverse with thermostats and work really well-------- we have had several in other (US vans) and did fit one with a rain sensor and remote control in a 5er, but that is not necessary if you fit maxair covers on the outside ( we have one and that vent stays open virtually all the time even during rain or when driving)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

boxerconvert

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
The 1250 is perfectly adequate , it has all you need just not the fancy bling things . JMHO
Oh OK good so it has a rain cover then? Sorry I've never even seen one of these in the flesh to know how they work.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I'm surprised the Fiamma Turbo Vent 40 is that bad when it costs nearly £200 squid!
I'm surprised people are saying the cinema turbo vents aren't very good. We have two on our conversion, one in the washroom one over the kitchen and both work brilliantly. I set the temperature control to around 20-22c with the washroom pulling in and kitchen blowing out and they move plenty of air and help to keep the van comfortable on hot days.

D.
I was referring to the one that fits under a big rooflight, didn't realise they call every model a Turbo vent.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

The thermostat is useful in hot weather when it's over 30° at night in the van, you can leave it running when you go to bed and in the early hours when the van has cooled down it turns itself off.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back