What are all you NON Travelworld customers doing this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
Well as you can imagine we are less than happy..... Sitting in the sunshine AT HOME. We had to cancel yet another weekend away because of the ongoing unresolved faults with our Fleetwood Flair that we bought from Travelworld.
We agreed to buy our Fleetwood Flair from Travelworld 5 months ago and believe it or not it is back in their workshops. We bought our RV so that we can get away at weekends and enjoy ourselves, and with our last RV that is precisely what we did. This RV from Travelworld has been a slightly different matter. Since we paid over our deposit, Travelworld have seen more of our RV than we have and we have had to cancel several weekends away, so as you can imagine, we are not really enjoying ownership of our Fleetwood Flair yet.
The RV went into a local diesel shop on Monday 17th March to have the diesel pump checked out. The diesel shop started it up and noticed huge amounts of white smoke filling up their car park (their precise words), the white smoke then started to turn blue. Once the engine had warmed up they tried revving it up and noticed some top end flutter (again their words) and deduced that as they had been unable (in the hour allowed for troubleshooting by Travelworld) to find any other fault, and with the knowledge of what Travelworld had told them they had done to the RV, it was concluded that the diesel pump was in trouble and needed to come out to be investigated and repaired.
Travelworld would not pay them to carry out the works and instead wanted to get our Fleetwood back into their workshop where it has spent quite a lot of its life recently.
Jim was asked by someone at Travelworld what I expected? This was in response to Jim alerting him of the previous thread about our Fleetwood. I would like to answer the owners question. I expect to receive what I bought and paid for, namely a reliable, roadworthy motorhome, and I look forward to this happening, I also expect to be treated the same as any other customer, or is this the way you treat all your customers?
Anyway, the reason of the post is to ask what everyone who didn't buy their RV from Travelworld is doing this weekend because we are sitting in the sunshine of our back garden feeling well p****d off.
We hope that the majority of you are enjoying yourselves.
Take care all

Keith

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It must be very frustrating for you both to have the RV grounded again,:Sad: it seems the list of problems just go on and on. Why not take it back to them and ask for your money back? I would imagine that in the light of all that has gone wrong they will probably oblige. Motorhome prices are on the way down and there are some bargains to be had. In contrast to your problems I must say that my experiences of Travelworld have been excellent to say the least, problems I did have were sorted without quibble and to a very good standard.

A point to note.
I know that some cynics might say that "I would say that" because Travelworld bought an advertising slot from Fun. To those I would say, If you knew me you would not think that, and the praise of my Travelworld experience is documented long before Fun even existed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks John, unfortunately Sharon does not fly mate (which is one of the reasons we bought an RV :Eeek:).
I would ask for a refund Jim, however I have had a Cat 1 alarm fitted as well as a charge wizard and a back up camera, would they pay for those? We also spent money and a full weekend cleaning the inside of the RV (it was filthy and virtually uninhabitable when we collected it) even though they said it would be valeted? We have also spent time and money cleaning and repairing the disgustingly filthy awning, (I ended up using a microbiological cleaning agent to get rid of the filth).
There is also an element of loss of earnings and loss of use as well as a huge amount of frustration to be taken into account, how much is that valued at?
Just as an exercise, the cost to return it to Travelworld is
Diesel (assuming 15 MPG) £65 (200 mile round trip)
Petrol (for Sharon's car at 18 MPG) £110 (this is for 2 x 200 mile trips)
Time ?????????????? Basically this would be 2 x people for one lost revenue day.
I wonder what they would offer?

Keith

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Keith if it is any consolation to you the sun is not shining here we have had gale force winds and rain all night and even now the wind is very rough. Sorry to hear about your problems sounds a very simple demand, want what you thought you were paying for.:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry to hear of your continuing problems Keith and hope they are sorted out soon.

We are at home as well this weekend - but through choice. I would be out in the garden as it is sunny enough but the wind is howling and cold.

Graham

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
At home here too Keith got a few jobs to do on the Monaco in preparation for our trip to Ireland on 5th April (Kids Easter Holiday) trying to accomodate the spare tyre and make room in the engine bay for the waste carrier and lots of other stuff got to reposition two fuel filters so some grinding and welding will be on the agenda!!

Shame coz it's nice and sunny here at the moment would have been nice to have been away some where but forcast is not good though!

But now my PC has been infected with some sort of virus Trojan-Spy-,Win32@mx
loaded Norton but that has not cured it just seems to have made the PC run so so slow!

Hope you get you RV back soon it must be so so so frustrating for you!

Regards Pat

Last edited:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
h:Eeek:i sorry to hear keith hope it gets sorted else travelworld will end up like a brownhills thread:Doh: a notice that castles turn a few over:Smile: i am not going away myself saveing £££ cost of living and all that:RollEyes:

keep us all posted!!! i am sure you will:thumb:

ray

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
gutted for you both keith stick with it mate, when its sorted youve still got good bus

mark

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Have they not got another RV they could exchange for this one, one to your liking. Its getting far beyond a joke now.

stew

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
gutted for you both keith stick with it mate, when its sorted youve still got good bus

mark

I am sticking Mark, believe me, but the glue is getting a bit weak now and starting to turn towards the INK phase :shout:

Keith

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
I reckon a few choice emails from the rest of us to this Simon Harper or his bosses at travelworld reminding them of how many Hundreds of potential customers who view this forum may start to look upon their company as a second Brownhills and to remind them of all the bad publicity the Internet forums can generate because of some stupid penny pinching by themselves. Keith & Sharon have paid good money for that vehicle so are entitled to something roadworthy and usable in return. Like keith says they have paid out hundreds on extras like an Alarm, reversing camera etc so they cant easily ask for their money back. To even expect keith & sharon to pay out of their own pockets to keep returning the vehicle back to the workshops when it is clearly down to themselves because of the warranty is a joke. They have supplied a vehicle with a warranty that is clearly not fit for purpose so they have to put it right at their expense. I for one and I expect a few others, because of this episode wont be looking in their direction when we are looking to change vehicles. I refuse to deal with anybody who treats their customers like this. Our thoughts are with you keith & sharon and lets hope travelworld come to their senses and realise the buck stops with them. The Internet is a very powerful tool because almost everybody uses it. :Angry:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Keith and Sharon

So sorry about Travelworld and Fleetwood - as you know, our experience with our new Adria Vision was similarly blighted and it really puts a damper on things.

The weather here is awful - sleet/snow flurries, its too cold even to pot up the little seedlings which arrived in the mail today, and too wet to change the speakers in Jen's SLK,which I had wanted to do this weekend. Its even cold indoors despite the heating being up and our Aga on!!! :Sad:

Hope it all gets sorted soon, all the best to you both.:thumb:

Laurie

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Merv and I are in the rv on a cs looking towards RAF Cranwell and just seeing storm after storm coming straight at us! Metcheck said it would feel like -4 today but when I took the dog out it felt more like 40 below. You're not missing anything here believe me (except the neighbours coming round for a cuppa and natter because they can't find anything to do either). Snow not settling either so no fun there.

Jan

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Sitting in Somerset, looking at the beautiful Spring sunshine. Sitting inside looking out, mind you, cause I've seen upset monkeys limping around looking for welders on a Bank Holiday weekend...

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are at home as well as I am not well enough to go away in the motorhome. Had a heavy Op. and I am trying to recover but we have just sold the motorhome ( although money not in hand yet !!) and I am trying to clear some of the cupboards. Did a bit too much and so back to the sofa and watch the Simpsins with my son !!

Kind regards

Maddie

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We are at home as well as I am not well enough to go away in the motorhome. Had a heavy Op. and I am trying to recover but we have just sold the motorhome ( although money not in hand yet !!) and I am trying to clear some of the cupboards. Did a bit too much and so back to the sofa and watch the Simpsins with my son !!

Kind regards

Maddie

Get well soon Maddie!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Maddie. Your post reminds me that even things as Frustrating as this Travelworld thread mean nothing when it comes to our health. We all need a dose of perspective sometimes, you just gave me some. Get well soon Maddie. ::bigsmile:

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for your good wishes.

If I could help it then I would be in the motorhome too but hey ho, that will come again one day. That is when we get another one.
Just got to go through a next operation, sling my colostomy bag away and I'll be dancing on the roof of the motorhome !!! :ROFLMAO:

Have a lovely Easter and loads of chocolates.

Maddie

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Well battled on with my project this weekend in between the showers and hail and have made room for my wastecarrier
I first had to remove a fuel filter and bracket

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Then weld a bracket and cut ply for the floor of the compartment

Image004.jpg

Weld fuel filter bracket in different place and fit back wall to compartment

wastecarrier023.jpg

Then fit in the wastecarrier shaping some hard foam to position it top and botton in it's compartment

wastecarrier020.jpg

Today I shall paint it weather permiting and job finished then for the otherside!!!!would rather have been away though:thumb:

Sorry for the picture quality my camera's battery has given up the ghost so used my phone instead.

Regards Pat

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Keith

Bet your gutted :Sad:. If and when you do get your money back I know wheres a lovely Coachmen Concord for sale. Its fully tried and tested with no faults if your interested!!:thumb:

We were going away this weekend diving in Scotland :Eeek: Bloody glad I stayed at home :ROFLMAO:

Keep your chin up mate im sure it will all be ok by the summer :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Had a great weekend at Cwmcuttan and meet some new Funsters:thumb:also had such a nice time with Tony & Ruth (winniebagotony)

Weather all over the show but no snow that settled.

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
hey pat
nice job and considering the weather you did well i spent the w/end just down the road from u as u know it was freezing . spent most of the time in the rising sun bashley and have come home a day early to sign on withh aa

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
The diesel shop started it up and noticed huge amounts of white smoke filling up their car park (their precise words), the white smoke then started to turn blue. ????

Hi Keith sorry to be a jonah, but large amounts of white smoke being pumped out of the exhaust when starting from cold indicates a large amount of water in the exhaust proberbly coming from a leaking head gaskets or seals. When you can get too it remove the oil filler cap and check if there is any signes of an oily sludge in side.
I am sorry to point this out and I do hope that you can resolve your problems quickly.

Best wishes, Pudseykeith

OP
OP
TestPoster
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
The diesel shop started it up and noticed huge amounts of white smoke filling up their car park (their precise words), the white smoke then started to turn blue. ????

Hi Keith sorry to be a jonah, but large amounts of white smoke being pumped out of the exhaust when starting from cold indicates a large amount of water in the exhaust proberbly coming from a leaking head gaskets or seals. When you can get too it remove the oil filler cap and check if there is any signes of an oily sludge in side.
I am sorry to point this out and I do hope that you can resolve your problems quickly.

Best wishes, Pudseykeith

Hi Pudseykeith
Thanks for the info, I will be amazed if you are right because Travelworld had to remove both cylinder heads very recently to remove a couple of broken glow plugs and they told me that they had fitted new head gaskets...... I cannot believe that they would reuse the original ones can you???? well I sincerely hope not anyway.
Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this real soon.....
Thanks again

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back