bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sat on the campsite at lake bled people watching, thinking we all travel and all have our preferred levels of comfort. :LOL:
We have tried most methods;) be it camping with a cycle or motor cycle car and caravan or motorhome but these things take the biscuit. :eek:

They bring you to a heaving campsite, near 30c your restaurant is booked for dinner, but you have to try and shower that are already busy, and get down for dinner, and that's what they call touring.o_O
20170610_204819.jpg20170610_204939.jpg 20170610_085735.jpg

Well we are all different and if you like chasing around like a headless chicken ;) oh well must get to bed ready for an early breakfast and we are off. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They had breakfast and gone before 8.30, another day sight seeing. :rolleyes:
I can tell you they never saw much of Lake Bled, :LOL: I would say if they stop for anytime longer they will be following a tour guide, apart from the caves we did a guided tour in Venice and it was not long before we ventured off on our own and met back at the boat. :ROFLMAO: Bob

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
First saw those over 20 years ago on a site in the Loire, even had a second trailer with all the catering gear.
If you thought Germans were weird its now confirmed.:ROFLMAO:

Surprised on the price I always assumed they would be really cheap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Saw one at a campsite near Paris a couple of years ago, it was there for a few days.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Many moons ago, I was sitting on the side of Lake Malawi enjoying a lovely view while sipping a beer while watching the sun set when an overland truck pulled up, disgorging about 20 passengers. They made camp, had supper, made too much noise and went to bed. They left early the following morning. I resumed my enjoyment of the lake. They had probably covered 20 countries on their travels but it would appear that they almost spend more time travelling between destinations than they spend at each one.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Saw one of these in Albania. Not my thing but good for people that are on their own. We had a lengthy chat with a very interesting elderly German woman who was staying on the bus and she loved it.

At least they are away enjoying theirselves. Good luck to them

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
If this is Thursday this must be France ...... we definitely agree with the question What is life, if full of care we have no time to stand and stare?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I bet the accommodation part of the bus stinks first thing in a morning. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I bet the accommodation part of the bus stinks first thing in a morning. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Phew.. doesn't bear thinking about does it. That's why they've just got curtains at the ends. And I bet the noise could rumble through the structure too.
Also what about if there's a few loud snorers on board!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If this is Thursday this must be France ...... we definitely agree with the question What is life, if full of care we have no time to stand and stare?

Good job those that go on tours and cruises don't motorhome because everywhere would be full,,every one to their own idea of pleasure,,,Busby:):):)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
stardancer_rv2.jpg stardancer_rv3.jpg
Trouble is @busby, they do cruise. My introduction to motorhomes back in the 1980's, working on the MV Stardancer, a cruise ship with a car deck. We loaded with RV's in Vancouver and took them to Alaska, retuning them at the end of the summer.
Sorry Bob, slipped off topic.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
But these see everything in two weeks tours were and are popular, whatever the standard of accommodation.

Many decades ago when I worked at the Stratford Hilton, we used to have high end coach tours from America come through... They arrived late afternoon from London, had a pre theatre dinner in the hotel, saw a performance at the Shakespeare theatre, sleep, breakfast and on the way to York the next morning - their itinerary included a "stop" at Warwick Castle, and it was a "stop"... 30 mins, no time to actually go in but just to take a couple of photos & maybe a guidebook from the giftshop. Quite a few even bought entrance tickets as 'proof' of their visit :confused:.

When working for BA we often had groups (mainly far eastern) flying in to "do" Europe in 7-10 days. Madness but brilliant passengers as they just fell asleep they were so knackered ;).

These are not cheap tours to do.

And I have done similar not so long ago - to the Parks & Canyons... 3500 miles in 19 days :eek:!
And it was absolutely brilliant (y).
Admittedly, the hotel & motel nightstops were just that - a chance to refuel & sleep... but the days fantastic.
Of course it could only be a taster, a highlights when so much more could been seen & done but sometimes circumstances, finances and time dictate the advantage.
I'd never have experienced the sights had I not been on such a compressed bus tour.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Although not the same, when our kids were old enough to look after themselves about twenty years ago we first ventured abroad and we did it on Wallace Arnold coach trips, not to everyone's taste and it is very boring on the way back , but it wasn't dear and it introduced us to France and Italy and have no regrets about it even now.
In fact I get slightly envious when we are waiting for the tunnel and see shearings coaches boarding.
Wouldn't do it now though but an excellent start to Europe and you see so much more than being on a plane.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I once did a "Tour of Scotland" for a small Chinese group. Picked them up 10.30 am Saturday in Glasgow and dropped them at 2.30 p.m. Sunday in Edinbugh, having overnighted in Inverness. They were asleep all the time between stops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back