Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi everyone, Happy Easter.

While looking at Fun on an iPad, if I Scrolled down the page and saw a story of interest I would click the story and read it. Then I would click the back arrow and it would return me to where I was. Now tho it returns me back to the top of the page (so have to scroll down again)

I know it’s not a big deal but is it something I’m doing wrong? I’m sure it used to go back to where I last looked.

Hope that’s not too confusing :roflmto:

Oozzie

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
On an iPad, if you tap the top of the screen, it'll return whatever page you are reviewing to the top again.

Are you missing that back button and tapping the screen and when was the last time you removed the IPad from its case (if you have one) and cleaned the screen, it may help. If my screen gets a little mucky, it causes all sorts of funny things to happen. Baring in mind they're touch screens, I suppose we need to give em half a chance.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted.

Happy Easter 🐣

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I have lost the option to go back to the top of the page. Might be my fault for being in Cov. :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Must be a anomaly for your ipad.

I just tried it a few times and each time it took me back to the bottom of the page I was previously on. Android phone.

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Must be a anomaly for your ipad.

I just tried it a few times and each time it took me back to the bottom of the page I was previously on. Android phone.
Yes it is weird, probably happens 8/10 times. Like I say no big deal but gets the grey matter thinking WHY!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
On an iPad, if you tap the top of the screen, it'll return whatever page you are reviewing to the top again.

Are you missing that back button and tapping the screen and when was the last time you removed the IPad from its case (if you have one) and cleaned the screen, it may help. If my screen gets a little mucky, it causes all sorts of funny things to happen. Baring in mind they're touch screens, I suppose we need to give em half a chance.

Happy Easter 🐣
It’s a double tap on top of Safari to relocate to the top of a web page - well, actually the top area of most Apple apps can be used to relocate back to the top.

In Safari, a single tap at the top area will widen the top area to show menu options- such as ‘<‘ for going back a page 👍🏻

Attached is a video. One tap, widen top area. 2nd tap to jump yo top,of page.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Also, you can swipe left & right in the screen to navigate fwd & back in Safari

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006

Happy Easter 🐣
Yes have cleaned the screen and definitely hitting the return arrow. This happens probably 8/10 times so if looking at the last post on the screen it returns to the top and have to spend a whole second or two scrolling back down!
Oozzie

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Also, you can swipe left & right in the screen to navigate fwd & back in Safari
You must be a better swiper than me, I’ve tried swiping and nothing happens.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
You must be a better swiper than me, I’ve tried swiping and nothing happens.
:rofl: must be.
Re. I’ve made another video:

Swiping about is a key smartphone thing.
In the video I swipe from right side to left a couple of times to go back through some pages, then swipe the other way to go fwd, back to the page I started.
I couldn’t see a way to disable swipes/gestures. So I’m sure we can get this.
Wait, do you start the swipe on the screen or just off to the side?
Try swipe from just off screen.

Does swiping about in other apps work as intended?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Try rebooting it, switching the power off and back on, may return it to normality.
Could be that.
There are so many swipe shortcuts on an iPad and moving around a website is a basic one.
So problems with that could be because something needs resetting. 👍🏻

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Could be that.
There are so many swipe shortcuts on an iPad and moving around a website is a basic one.
So problems with that could be because something needs resetting. 👍🏻
All sorted, I was trying to swipe on the screen not the edge and it works. Thanks for your help, I’ll sleep better at night now.
Oozzie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back