What about this one? (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
I have seen better conversions than this but certainly better than the last one you were looking at !!, the shower room does not look very waterproof and the shower tray looks a bit strange, and the toilet cassette can only be accessed by opening the back door which is a pain if its raining !!.
I would want to see any paper work relating to who did the conversion and safety certificates, if none available walk away!!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
certainly got more goodies than the other but a lot older and IMO about 8k too much ...gOd knows how you are supposed to use the shower it' not sealed at all....very bizarre installation
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Have you looked at IH or Murvi Motorhomes. Both get excellent reviews and hold their value well. I had a Murvi Morello before this van. It was brilliantly designed, and thought out. My main gripe was that the sliding door was noisy and I cringed every time I had to open it late at night, or early in the morning but the diesel heating was great, and it was pretty well winterised for a panel van conversion. And the kitchen has masses of worktop and space. The sofa is comfortable, and the bed takes about 30 seconds to make up. No garage though, so all the storage is inside the van.

Or Globecar seem to be very popular. At least with a recognised conversion you have some idea of quality and finish.

http://ihmotorhomes.com/?vehicle=ih-oregon-r-uv1514

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks.
The IH and Murvi ones look lovely but we're fixed on 3 berth and rear bedroom. Also abour 32k is our top figure.
Very few globecars around round right now.
Tbh we hardly ever use the shower.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have you looked at IH or Murvi Motorhomes. Both get excellent reviews and hold their value well. I had a Murvi Morello before this van. It was brilliantly designed, and thought out. My main gripe was that the sliding door was noisy and I cringed every time I had to open it late at night, or early in the morning but the diesel heating was great, and it was pretty well winterised for a panel van conversion. And the kitchen has masses of worktop and space. The sofa is comfortable, and the bed takes about 30 seconds to make up. No garage though, so all the storage is inside the van.

Or Globecar seem to be very popular. At least with a recognised conversion you have some idea of quality and finish.

http://ihmotorhomes.com/?vehicle=ih-oregon-r-uv1514

Yes we had a Murvi Morello too, nice conversion, main issue was if you get up at different times there's absolutely no room to manoeuvre until the other person gets up. Perfect if you are on your own though.
The shower tray is a bodge so what is the rest like?

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Turned this down after I realised late on that it only had 2 travelling seats. Why have 4 berths then?
Also this area put me off. Too boxy.
front of van.jpg

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Yes we had a Murvi Morello too, nice conversion, main issue was if you get up at different times there's absolutely no room to manoeuvre until the other person gets up. Perfect if you are on your own though.
The shower tray is a bodge so what is the rest like?
Murvi.Morello is also 2 berth./ 2 seats

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thoughts on this one?

Despite the upholstery its got what we need and Wlidax has a good rep but the winterisation is questionable at that age apparently .

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thoughts on this one?

Despite the upholstery its got what we need and Wlidax has a good rep but the winterisation is questionable at that age apparently .
Very overpriced for a 12 year old van. Ours was only about £12k more for a brand new 14 reg. What about buying a new or nearly new van and having it converted?

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I know you have sold yours.
But dont rush into any PCV just to get one.
Why not ask Terry to build you what you whant up to your budget.
From what I have seen his work is first class.
He may know where there is a van fir sale ready to convert.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks.
The IH and Murvi ones look lovely but we're fixed on 3 berth and rear bedroom. Also abour 32k is our top figure.
Very few globecars around round right now.
Tbh we hardly ever use the shower.

Very overpriced for a 12 year old van. Ours was only about £12k more for a brand new 14 reg. What about buying a new or nearly new van and having it converted?
Don't understand why you are looking at any of these type of vans, if you have £32000 to spend the worlds your oyster, must be loads of nearly new vans around for that sort of money.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
If you’re looking to buy using eBay I would suggest that you check the seller’s feedback rating before even thinking of purchasing. The person selling the Wildax vehicle has no feedback at all. I wouldn’t buy from anyone without a good feedback score. They may be perfectly OK but then again they might not be... you have no way of knowing.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What about this one:

I particularly like the two leisure battery installation at the back "it's designed" for off grid, cool.

Deleted User

I agree, £32000 would get a nearly new van and a superb conversion to your own spec.

We bought our 3 year old Globecar with 4000 miles in Dec. 15 for well under £30000 but I think we were very lucky, right time right place etc. At the time we were actively researching having a van converted but the logistics for us would have been difficult, given the time that route would be my choice.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OK just had a quick look and found a couple MAYBE worth looking at
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

NOT HAD TIME TO STUDY ANY
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
IF you can get away with 6/8 ins wider then it opens up a lot of small CB vans

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sorry but to me all the homemade ones lokk a bit homemade the last one being a real botch job gas bottles and batteries loose and a toilet tent at the side of the road no thankyou!!!. If you have got 32k look at more mainstream ones you have said you aren't practical or can do diy so why look at ones which are more likely to need diy skills to keep them going and if you saw a mainstream pvc with 120k on it would you really think great thats the one!!. How much did your hymer cost in depreciation? just think of what you pay in those terms rather than the initial outlay I think you are in danger of buying cheap but it costing expensive when you sell on.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
OK just had a quick look and found a couple MAYBE worth looking at
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

NOT HAD TIME TO STUDY ANY
terry

The links don't work, it just goes to a search page.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They all work on my computer.....

This may be worth considering if they will convert your own van ?? I can get a 16 plate LWB HI ROOF VW crafter with only 800 yes 800 miles on clock for 20 k to convert

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I dont rate the winterisation on a Tribute TriganoTrigano. We rented one to see how we got on with pvcs and i found it all quite flimsy.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Didnt really want to take the time.

I know you're itching to get your hands on another van now you've sold the Hymer, but given that you said this will most likely be your last van, I think it's more important than ever that you get this one right. From what I've read, you definitely want a PVC and the comments from those in the know on self builds suggest you need to be very careful if you go down that route. I still think, along with many others it seems, that you would be better buying a Possl or similar from Europe and importing it. If you're nervous about doing the import yourself, how about using Bundesvan? We used them to import our Hymer and because they have good relationships with dealers, they can often negotiate a better price for you. You can then put that saving towards their fee.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back