Act in haste repent at leisure , happens frequently in the motorhome world :(

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Don't let that Hymer sale money burn a hole in your pocket, you will regret it big time. Take a bit of time, of the ones that have linked, the IH 3 litre looks ok 58 plate although both water tanks are underslung.
Terry could convert you one, he could even find you the van, to your exact spec/layout, fully winterised, 2 or 3 months it would be yours.
Its not long to wait in the grand scheme of things, it will be exciting deciding on the spec and he will keep you fully informed along the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I ve kept quiet, but read this thread one and the last one.

I know we are all different but I wouldnt be touching a PVC conversion without knowing everything. I dont mean to be rude, but there are so many faults which should have discounted your choices before contemplating bringing them to the thread to suggest, imho, a little globecar or similar is a much better choice because everything was manufactured before it was sold.

Good luck with your search

for example

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
OK just had a quick look and found a couple MAYBE worth looking at
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

NOT HAD TIME TO STUDY ANY
terry

At least these are 'proper conversions' from branded names, far better than homemade monstrosities

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
What about this one:

I particularly like the two leisure battery installation at the back "it's designed" for off grid, cool.

Surely having two leisure batteries right next to the gas cylinders is a potential hazard?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Wildax used to build a new conversion into a used van if you wanted... They might be too busy these days & too successful... but it might be worth a chat with Duncan Wildman.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Surely having two leisure batteries right next to the gas cylinders is a potential hazard?
No I think it's a feature of the design. The reassuring sound of the cylinders clanging round every corner and the batteries sliding from side to side means all is well :giggler:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I really honestly dont want to sound rude or condescending but want to offer some personal advice.

I am disabled and my health is deteriorating so we made some decisions a few years ago. With your partner having parkinsons I see your position to be similar. You really do need to seriously think about the next few years and what the health implications are on motorhoming

we planned ahead that when my health takes a serious nose dive that we can quickly sell the van for cash. if the worst happens and your partner's parkinsons suddenly becomes a major problem, as it often does, you need to make sure your van is easy to sell. a home brew conversion, regardless of how nice it looks is going to be hard to sell and will depreciate very quickly

it is absolutely nobody else's business, but you really do need to think carefully about this purchase now before making hasty decisions. the vans you have been saying you are keen on here really are not suited in my humble opinion. would hate to see you make a mistake

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I really honestly dont want to sound rude or condescending but want to offer some personal advice.

I am disabled and my health is deteriorating so we made some decisions a few years ago. With your partner having parkinsons I see your position to be similar. You really do need to seriously think about the next few years and what the health implications are on motorhoming

we planned ahead that when my health takes a serious nose dive that we can quickly sell the van for cash. if the worst happens and your partner's parkinsons suddenly becomes a major problem, as it often does, you need to make sure your van is easy to sell. a home brew conversion, regardless of how nice it looks is going to be hard to sell and will depreciate very quickly

it is absolutely nobody else's business, but you really do need to think carefully about this purchase now before making hasty decisions. the vans you have been saying you are keen on here really are not suited in my humble opinion. would hate to see you make a mistake
I appreciate the advice. We want a small flexible van to get away for short periods when things get worse for him to get out of the house. I appreciate your concerns but I'm just not finding a recognised make with our specs within our price range.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is normally a surplus of vans available nearing easter as snowbirds return and people get vans out of winter hibernation. far more to choose from than winter months

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
£36k for a 2008 pvc
Your kidding right?

If you can get a brand new possl pvc for €36 euro surely that is a more sensible option.

I'm all for reccomending buying second hand I do it myself but not if I'm paying nearly the same price as new.
Unfortunately it's coming in to the lets all pay crazy prices time so there's a lot of overpriced vans out there that will likely come down in price over the next few months.

I like the look of some pvc vans but I do wonder if full timing in one woukd be very very hard

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
Jackie,
You had previously said a Wildax Aurora 3 berth would suit you.
Wildax 2nd hand seem to fly out of the door.There have been a couple of Auroras with the dealer I ordered mine from,Wiltshire Motorhomes,but were sold very quickly.
Perhaps you could contact the Wildax dealers,only 4 in the country,plus the factory itself in Yorkshire,and ask if they are due any in.
Good luck in your search.

BTW tried to access your blog /YouTube and the link doesn’t work.

Helen

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks.Helen
Yes i rang Wildax and their next Aurora one is coming in May.
Only old or.non winterised ones around right now . Rear bedroom / lounge is the only.one we're interested in.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
£36k for a 2008 pvc
Your kidding right?

If you can get a brand new Possl pvc for €36 euro surely that is a more sensible option.

I'm all for reccomending buying second hand I do it myself but not if I'm paying nearly the same price as new.
Unfortunately it's coming in to the lets all pay crazy prices time so there's a lot of overpriced vans out there that will likely come down in price over the next few months.

I like the look of some pvc vans but I do wonder if full timing in one woukd be very very hard
In 0rder to get a brand new Possl id have to drive to Germany ....

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I appreciate the advice. We want a small flexible van to get away for short periods when things get worse for him to get out of the house. I appreciate your concerns but I'm just not finding a recognised make with our specs within our price range.
So why do you need a fully winterised van? I'm sorry if I've missed your point on a thread I didn't read.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Although people have explained how, i still cant get my head around it and it feels daunting as I'll have to do it alone . Husband isnt up to that.
When i talked to Bundesvan my memory is that it cost around £4000 on top of the van price for his service. Did i get that wrong ?

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
[QUOTE="Koppersbeat, post: 2723271,

Helen[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I updated the you tube link and my last post was yesterday introducing my new grand daughter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBl_9AqnrHjhJ67ZbAscHg

Ill ask Jim whats happened to my Gap year blog on here. It ran for 18 months then i discontinued it and started the Vegan on Wheels channel

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Jackie,

Here is the new link .
I posted yesterday introducing my new grand daughter.
I discontinued my blog on here after i started the you tube channel so maybe i need to post something to keep it current

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Jackie,

Helen

Thanks Helen.
I updated my signature so hopefully that works .
I posted yesterday introducing my new grand daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIBl_9AqnrHjhJ67ZbAscHg

I discontinued my blog on here after i started the you tube channel so maybe i need to post something to keep it current. Just did that so i hope it reappears.

Last edited:

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks.Helen
Yes i rang Wildax and their next Aurora one is coming in May.
Only old or.non winterised ones around right now . Rear bedroom / lounge is the only.one we're interested in.
It might be worth joining the Wildax Enthusiasts FB Group as there are a couple of people selling on there, later in the year though, but it might be worth checking it out.

There was a post yesterday asking if anybody is selling.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Although people have explained how, i still cant get my head around it and it feels daunting as I'll have to do it alone . Husband isnt up to that.
When i talked to Bundesvan my memory is that it cost around £4000 on top of the van price for his service. Did i get that wrong ?

It's unbelievably easy to do it with Bundesvan and yes the fees may be around £4000. However, as I said before, they will negotiate a good deal with the dealer which offsets some or maybe even all of the cost. They will even deliver the van to your front door.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Why Germany?
Belgium is easy to get to, prices are low, and they would more than likely drive the van to the port for you.
Harwich to Holland or Hull to Belgium
http://www.urbano.be/nl/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back