What a SAGA.................... (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have been with Saga Insurance a few years now and they are very good. :Smile:

Providing you insure a motorhome. :RollEyes: They give us a good price and the cover we need, one of the things is unlimited cover same with the breakdown, none of this 90 day trip.

So we wanted the same for the Smart car.......................................Smart Cars are a high risk according to them, the policy was great but the excess was £650, so phone them up about the excess, sorry most Smarts are written off when they have an accident that's why its that much. :Doh:

So insured it with LV only 180 days in europe, but if we don't have any problems or use the breakdown how will they know ? And do the 180 days come home then go off again.:Smile:
The car goes on the trailer, so when we book a crossing we book van and trailer.

Also we paid a little extra and we have NO EXCESS, only on the windscreen. ::bigsmile: Bob.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sorry, could you explain to us youngsters what's Saga is? :winky:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You are having a laugh aren't you?

Surely neither of you two is old enough for Saga, Bob...

Sounds like a bit of a con to me...

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
(snip)

So insured it with LV only 180 days in europe, but if we don't have any problems or use the breakdown how will they know ?

Bob.

As you know Bob, all vehicles are checked by ANPR cameras at the port for valid insurance, MOT and Tax..

Doubtful if LV would know..... but in the event of a claim perhaps they could find out the dates when you left and arrived .. or maybe they just trust you.. :roflmto:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As you know Bob, all vehicles are checked by ANPR cameras at the port for valid insurance, MOT and Tax..

Doubtful if LV would know..... but in the event of a claim perhaps they could find out the dates when you left and arrived .. or maybe they just trust you.. :roflmto:

Thanks for that reminder Jim, :winky: just done my home work and come up with this. :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

They will never know what I have on the trailer. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back