LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i sure as hell would not like to be on that ferry this week with the weather forecast

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Surely that had to be an error on their part when the invoice/bill was typed up.
The worming tabs alone would probably cost more.

I did hear they had a vacancy for a receptionist/typist.

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
No mistake, no invoice. Vet told receptionist what to charge. Shows how we are being ripped off other places. Felt a bit guilty actually, didn't have the right change so gave her €10 and she had to look for a fiver, could have told them to charge a fiver or put a credit on our account, but didn't, don't want to start something like that. We got all of Zippys annual jabs plus his rabies renewal (3years) in January, total was €35.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Surely that had to be an error on their part when the invoice/bill was typed up.
The worming tabs alone would probably cost more.

I did hear they had a vacancy for a receptionist/typist.
No All I ever pay for is the tablet at my vets. Signing & encapsulating the passport is done for nothing.
even when he has the worming tablet ( every 3 months ) here in his normal book it is just the cost of the tablet .book, signed dated & stamped without charge.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
No mistake, no invoice. Vet told receptionist what to charge. Shows how we are being ripped off other places. Felt a bit guilty actually, didn't have the right change so gave her €10 and she had to look for a fiver, could have told them to charge a fiver or put a credit on our account, but didn't, don't want to start something like that. We got all of Zippys annual jabs plus his rabies renewal (3years) in January, total was €35.

My 2 are due their regular boosters next week, don't need rabies jabs now, and I doubt I'll get change from £120.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My 2 are due their regular boosters next week, don't need rabies jabs now, and I doubt I'll get change from £120.
It's all a joke in the UK.
Dhppil is 17€ here & rabies(yearly) 18€
consultation fee 29€ is usually only charged when there is a problem.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Similar experience in Pera (Algarve) . Oz was due his annual innoculations, all jabbed up and 3 year rabies jab and worming pill, and an hours consultation with lovely English speaking vet informing us of all the various Southern European diseases etc, passport all filled in, total cost €30, which included the €10 consultation fee. Said when we come back for worming pill before return to U.K. it will just be €3 (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back