LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Weekend off this weekend so no going away. Had a a couple little jobs to do on the MH.
Wanted to fit a 12v socket on the outside next to the water filler so i could use the pump without having to trail it inside to the 12v supply.

Got a flush mounted 12v socket and thought I would fit it inside the van, next to the door so could be used as an additional 12v socket and as the door is right next to water filler would be easy to just open the door, plug the pump in and fill the water.

However, I done a fantastic job fitting it, it looks really good, all wired in, stepped back to admire my handy work and lifted the flap on the socket to find.......

It's a continental 12v socket grrrrr gotta go and get a bloody adaptor now..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Easier just to change the van I reckon - to a French or German make:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Weekend off this weekend so no going away. Had a a couple little jobs to do on the MH.
Wanted to fit a 12v socket on the outside next to the water filler so i could use the pump without having to trail it inside to the 12v supply.

Got a flush mounted 12v socket and thought I would fit it inside the van, next to the door so could be used as an additional 12v socket and as the door is right next to water filler would be easy to just open the door, plug the pump in and fill the water.

However, I done a fantastic job fitting it, it looks really good, all wired in, stepped back to admire my handy work and lifted the flap on the socket to find.......

Look at [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLK8cMKUnY"]this......[/ame]

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Does anyone know where I can by an adaptor? Sure they do one I had one on my last continental van.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you could always fit a combi cigar/hella plug
Broken Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Why not simply change the plug? They're a lot neater & more secure than the cig lighter type.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Why not simply change the plug? They're a lot neater & more secure than the cig lighter type.

Because I have loads of standard 12v stuff, would mean changing all me electric equipment,,

As for changing what I put in? They don't do a standard one in that shape :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our Autoquest had a single 12v socket which was of the two pin variety where the pins are of different sizes to avoid polarity mix-ups. It is possible to buy an adapter lead with a 2 pin plug at one end and a cigar socket at the other but we sometimes had a requirement to power more than one appliance (TV and satellite box for instance). I took the cigar plug off a multi-socket adapter and replaced it with a 2 pin plug, remembering that the positive on a cigar socket is the end terminal and the negative is the side clips.

The Burstner has a number of 12v sockets but, being German, these are of the Euro plug pattern rather than cigar lighter ones. Again, adapters are available but I bought some Euro plugs (on eBay) and changed the originals on multi-socket adapters as I had with the 2 pin plug.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Does anyone know where I can by an adaptor? Sure they do one I had one on my last continental van.

Try here........:thumb:

Might help finding stuff.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3MUX3V0aUE"]Specsavers Vet - YouTube[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back