Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I had a brilliant day today!

I went to my parents for lunch (Christmas meal 's left over...yummy!) , and just before I left home my mum rang and said "I'd like to have a little drive in Max.... never been in other than to chase rats!"

So I took my sat nav and had a look at the aires around, kept the link to a good list of aires in the area and vrooooommmm , off to my parents in Max:xgrin:

Lunch was good yes, thank you:xwink:. Then I saw my mum yawning and I thought mmmm not this time I'm afraid.... But after a strong coffee she felt better and off we went to an aire about 25 kms away from their house. The village is called "La Magdelaine sur Tarn" and here are a few pics of the very nice place we ended at.
Next to a lake, only 2 proper pitches and 2 plugs to plug into the main. You can have 3 vans but still 2 plugsx:-) .
Real nice place for a good rest in peace. Next time there will be a party at the stadium .. I'll fly away and stay there!
It was a very nice drive in the country side... apart from Mum being scared thinking we were going into the ditch each time a car was coming the other way:xdoh::xlaugh:
Max has behaved beautifully! I was very proud to drive him!

Frankie:xwink::xgrin:
IMAG0556.jpg
IMAG0558.jpg
IMAG0556.jpg
IMAG0558.jpg
IMAG0559.jpg

Edit: Whoops ... the 2 first came in double! Sorry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I hope mum was suitably impressed and glad you managed a small trip. makes all the differance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well done Frankie, proud of you and pleased you purchased Max instead of that heap of crap I looked at for you........:xThumb:..Griff

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Out of interest, is it Turkey for Xmas lunch in France ??

Usually it is yes! Typical meal is Turkey with chestnuts (first boiled , they slowly fried up in the Turkey juice...if any... or with some sort of sauce you could compare to gravy... with alcohol in) you can add vegs like Cèpes (a very expensive sort of mushrooms) green beans and tomatoes fried in olive oil with parsil and garlic on. Very typical!

But it tends to disappear with time. Turkey is a bit dry, so people now buy guinea fowls, wild boar, doe, quails, pigeons, ...they might stuff them with either Foie Gras or stuffing they home-make.

Oysters and smoked salmon are part of the starters.

A mixed salad is very often proposed with a selection of good cheeses

Then a cake we call Bûche (log)

Then we have chocolates, mendiants (you have to look up on Wiki to understand what these are... or you'll get a wrong translation!) and fruits déguisés. Same thing, have a look on wiki.

Frankie

Edit : Here is the link to the right ones, well the one I'm talking about
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatre_mendiants

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

Then a cake we call Bûche (log)

Then we have chocolates, mendiants (you have to look up on Wiki to understand what these are... or you'll get a wrong translation!) and fruits déguisés. Same thing, have a look on wiki.

Frankie

funny you should mention that, we have just been watching on the Tv a French (ex pat) chef making one, looks nice too

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Frankie, it's nice that you could take your parents out for a drive, wish mine were here to do the same, sound like my kind of Christmas dinner. :xgrin:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WOW ! That sounds like a very lavish spread Frankie, and quite hard work to lay on too !

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Must give wild Boar a go on our next visit !!! Sounds bloody scrumptious !!!(y)

Wild boar or "Sanglier" is very good eating if cooked correctly. Do not confuse it with domestic pork as it is game. Best marinated for a minimum of 24 hours in red wine and cooked slowly, I prefer to cook it in the slow cooker. If you do not do this it is very tough.

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Lovely to read your account of the trip with your mum frankie. We've just bought a place in the auvergne and when we get it fixed up you'll have to bring max down to play with Jinksy
Biz

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Wild boar or "Sanglier" is very good eating if cooked correctly. Do not confuse it with domestic pork as it is game. Best marinated for a minimum of 24 hours in red wine and cooked slowly, I prefer to cook it in the slow cooker. If you do not do this it is very tough.
Our son used to hunt sanglier and always brought some for us and i agree that is the best way to cook it delicious

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back