What a fantastic salesman selling some remarkable motorhome innovations. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Take five and see what your medium size motorhome could be fitted out with. Some of these innovations including the salesman are first rate. How do the American's do it so well leaving the European's in their wake. Given the choice what would you like to see in your European motorhome.....

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Import taxes and tariffs applied to these vehicles on import really put the price up, But If we ever get that trade deal with the States then look out for a lot of these B class yanks being imported. Why wouldn't you, bang for buck at every price point yanks have always made better motorhomes than Europe. Now they are not styling the interiors on a 1970s Laura Ashley catologues, even better. (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
So many but love the size of that sturdy bed even usable with the slide in. The idea of the TV still being visible when stowed is another great idea.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
He seemed to know his stuff ...... ;) Very nice van, although not sure about the drawers/cupboard in the galley - one would have to be closed before you opened the other.

Cliff liked the telly .... :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No thanks, I'll stick to my Carthago ... at least I've still got a lounge when the beds are deployed.

Sunnyb

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van 572
Exp
Since 2012
Love it - looks nice and compact yet offers so much. I would love one. Great salesman too - enthusiastic without being overbearing.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No thanks, I'll stick to my Carthago ... at least I've still got a lounge when the beds are deployed.
Come on Minxy Girl, macerator pump that will pump your solid waste up hill. :) 3.5kw on board generator.(y) Heat pump and 15000btu ducted air conditioning which is all just the tip of the iceburge ;):cool:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have a Thor (the people that bailed out the Hymer group) 27B What I love about my compact little camper is that the bedroom slide allows us to have a Super King Size walkaround bed, with bedside tables either side for tea and coffee

I think that glass double glazing, slide outs and hydraulic jacks which are luxury items in the UK are entry level on American vans

I guess that the standard of living generally is higher in the states so what is considered essential is different on the two Continents

For example I don't need a Ice maker, but its great to have (y)

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Take five and see what your medium size motorhome could be fitted out with. Some of these innovations including the salesman are first rate. How do the American's do it so well leaving the European's in their wake. Given the choice what would you like to see in your European motorhome.....

I want one

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
The British motorhome industry could learn a lot from watching this video, certainly makes you realise just how shoddy we are treated and how overpriced our products are.
Z²​

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Come on Minxy Girl, macerator pump that will pump your solid waste up hill. :) 3.5kw on board generator.(y) Heat pump and 15000btu ducted air conditioning which is all just the tip of the iceburge ;):cool:
No ta, some may need that as they produce more sh*t (physically and verbally) than others but we don't so our Carthago with its cassette toilet will do us fine, although for honesty I must admit we do carry a spare cassette just in case we need it but haven't as yet over the last few years.

As for the air con - nah, hubby would just be messing about with it all the time and wanting it on the cool setting whereas I'd want it on the heat setting anyway so it would never get used.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have a Thor (the people that bailed out the Hymer group) 27B What I love about my compact little camper is that the bedroom slide allows us to have a Super King Size walkaround bed, with bedside tables either side for tea and coffee

I think that glass double glazing, slide outs and hydraulic jacks which are luxury items in the UK are entry level on American vans

I guess that the standard of living generally is higher in the states so what is considered essential is different on the two Continents

For example I don't need a Ice maker, but its great to have (y)
Not much good when using aires as we do as you're not supposed to have 'camping activity' and although it is possible to do this surreptitiously with a non-slide MH I think someone would notice the big sticky out box bits on an RV!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Not much good when using aires as we do as you're not supposed to have 'camping activity' and although it is possible to do this surreptitiously with a non-slide MH I think someone would notice the big sticky out box bits on an RV!
Well after thirty years of touring Europe in RV's motorway service areas, Aires, Municipal sites we have never had an issue, and I doubt that anyone would, however, not that it would be a problem as we have another kingsized bed that drops down electronically from the cab

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well after thirty years of touring Europe in RV's motorway service areas, Aires, Municipal sites we have never had an issue, and I doubt that anyone would, however, not that it would be a problem as we have another kingsized bed that drops down electronically from the cab
Or the Rock & Roll Sofa bed!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If they start selling them over here I could be tempted, looks to be well designed
someone didn’t watch the whole film! You can use the bed without the slide out, although he called it a day bed!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If they start selling them over here I could be tempted, looks to be well designed

someone didn’t watch the whole film! You can use the bed without the slide out, although he called it a day bed!

I know :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back