LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Yesterday was nice and sunny, almost warm even. So I decided to drive down to the Carmarthen Show have a look around and maybe say hello to some of the funsters.

So off I set aiming to get there soon after the show opens for the day.

I know where the show ground is, been there lots of times but never before for the Caravan show.

It's easy to find follow the A48 till it joins the A40 then it's about a mile or so along the A40 on your left, Easy !

It was easy, even the newish junction off the A48 is a big improvement from the old entrance.

Then the trouble starts. Following the road in I espy on the left hand side a brand new (well i'd never seen it before) park and ride car park complete with bus awaiting.

So thinks I, they must be bussing all the day visitors in and I pull into the car park. Grab my bag and coat, lock the car, short stroll to the bus and sit down.

Notice lots of cars, caravans and motorhomes going past but think nothing of it.

After about 10 mins the bus moves off, All they way down to the roundabout at the entrance to the showground, then all the way round the roundie and then follows a leisurely trundle all the way up to Lammas Street in the town centre of Carmarthen.

Ho Humm, didn't really want to go there !

Well, had a short stroll round the town. Bought cup of coffee to settle my nerves and temper then caught the next bus back to the car park.

Picked up the car and drove the 200 yds to the showground. Got there by 11:00 I guess.

Had a nice stroll round the show, bit of lunch (well burger bar). Then said hello to a few of the funsters there.

Nice day out, saw bits of Carmarthen not seen in years !

Cheers All

Hopefully that was the last senior moment for a while.

Peter

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Yesterday was nice and sunny, almost warm even. So I decided to drive down to the Carmarthen Show have a look around and maybe say hello to some of the funsters.

So off I set aiming to get there soon after the show opens for the day.

I know where the show ground is, been there lots of times but never before for the Caravan show.

It's easy to find follow the A48 till it joins the A40 then it's about a mile or so along the A40 on your left, Easy !

It was easy, even the newish junction off the A48 is a big improvement from the old entrance.

Then the trouble starts. Following the road in I espy on the left hand side a brand new (well i'd never seen it before) park and ride car park complete with bus awaiting.

So thinks I, they must be bussing all the day visitors in and I pull into the car park. Grab my bag and coat, lock the car, short stroll to the bus and sit down.

Notice lots of cars, caravans and motorhomes going past but think nothing of it.

After about 10 mins the bus moves off, All they way down to the roundabout at the entrance to the showground, then all the way round the roundie and then follows a leisurely trundle all the way up to Lammas Street in the town centre of Carmarthen.

Ho Humm, didn't really want to go there !

Well, had a short stroll round the town. Bought cup of coffee to settle my nerves and temper then caught the next bus back to the car park.

Picked up the car and drove the 200 yds to the showground. Got there by 11:00 I guess.

Had a nice stroll round the show, bit of lunch (well burger bar). Then said hello to a few of the funsters there.

Nice day out, saw bits of Carmarthen not seen in years !

Cheers All

Hopefully that was the last senior moment for a while.

Peter

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Love it Peter !:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think its terrible
Write to the bus company, after all how hard would it have been to put a sign up on the bus saying
"Peter this bus is not going to the show":RollEyes:
Terrible absoluty terrible:Doh:no thought for the elderly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back