What’s the earliest date we can go away ? (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Precisely !!!! Whats the betting, as they dont use one nowadays, that the PNB is not even close to being up to date
Of course it would be........for the overtime entry waiting for your legal representative, you’re allowed to have, to turn up and join you at the side of the road for the interview. ::bigsmile: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
So much is opening on 12th April, such as zoo's, theme parks and pubs outdoors. These places must have toilet facilities therefore why could campsites not have toilet facilities open ?
As I suspected, Camping and Caravanning Club have said:

England: Our earliest opening date will be the 12th of April. We are currently clarifying guidance but it is likely that as part of this opening phase we will not be able to open facility blocks. Campers will need to have their own self-contained toilet facilities, until the 17th of May at the earliest.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We have booked Bracelands
Caravan and camping site 15th April few nights 🤞 🤞double crossed it goes ok? We use on board facilities so it's a wait and see

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Any idea when us lot in Wales will be released.?
still in Level 4 lockdown mode.
so no travel for any holiday, enjoyment or raids into England allowed :LOL:.. ..:unsure:.....:(:(:(

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Due to her indoors working for the NHS we took a pun, on 3rd week in May and then other dates fro the rest of the year out of school holidays, when booking last month....all on CAMC sites so no deposit...hoping to get across to the Low Countries in December.....looking forward to a day trip to the seaside before May

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
The second step comes from 12 April would see major parts of the economy permitted to reopen:
  • Non-essential retail opens, hairdressers and public buildings like libraries and museums
  • Outdoor settings like alcohol takeaways, beer gardens, zoos and theme parks
  • Indoor leisure like swimming pools and gyms
  • Self-contained holiday accommodation, such as self-catering and camp sites :cool:
This currently applies to England only, of course....still waiting to hear about Wales and if we can leave to go to Yorkshire or Dorset.

Feb 16, 2021
Salcombe Regis
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600SL
Exp
Delivered April 2021 😃. Still new, still learning. Only a couple of mishaps so far....
Morning.

BHHPA are having a seminar today at 11am and their legal advisors will have an interpretation on the safe opening of campsites on the 12th April. I run a camp site and we are telling customers that no facilities will be open from the 12th. We are also making it clear that they must rely on the Data NOT the Date as it is not set in stone yet.

We are taking bookings on the understanding that you must have adequate onboard facilities and if the dates are moved we will happily transfer any money paid to a later booking.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Morning.

BHHPA are having a seminar today at 11am and their legal advisors will have an interpretation on the safe opening of campsites on the 12th April. I run a camp site and we are telling customers that no facilities will be open from the 12th. We are also making it clear that they must rely on the Data NOT the Date as it is not set in stone yet.

We are taking bookings on the understanding that you must have adequate onboard facilities and if the dates are moved we will happily transfer any money paid to a later booking.
But, the irony is that plenty of public shared facilities will be open by then. Why are camp sites different?

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Haven touring and camping sites not opening until 17th May

haven.JPG

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
But, the irony is that plenty of public shared facilities will be open by then. Why are camp sites different?
Because it's specifically stated in the Government rules - no shared facilities allowed at initial opening on 12 April. :( ;)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I
Dont understand it,,Was on a site in Spain last Oct and toilet blocks were half open,,i;e every other loo or shower cubicle was locked to allow SD and a lighting board with red or green lights was mounted outside to show if a cubicle was vacant.You only entered on a green light..Toilet block cleaned every two hours,,,I felt very safe...BUSBY.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I

Dont understand it,,Was on a site in Spain last Oct and toilet blocks were half open,,i;e every other loo or shower cubicle was locked to allow SD and a lighting board with red or green lights was mounted outside to show if a cubicle was vacant.You only entered on a green light..Toilet block cleaned every two hours,,,I felt very safe...BUSBY.
Yes - same with C&CC and C&MC sites - wrist band for the shared facilities.....no band available, no entry to facilities. :unsure:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Yes - same with C&CC and C&MC sites - wrist band for the shared facilities.....no band available, no entry to facilities. :unsure:

Wouldn't it be funny if wristbands were found to transmit CV_19 ?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Update on the Caravan and Motorhome Club website today:

Following the UK Government's recent guidance, we are planning to reopen all our Club campsites in England from 12 April 2021. We are however awaiting further clarification on the use of communal areas and shared facilities (including toilet blocks and showers) and will advise on this as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I suspect some people will want the prices to be cheaper if the facility’s are closed .I doubt this will happen as people are booking up fast . Clarification will be needed otherwise people with camper vans that don’t have a shower will be turned away .

Apr 24, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A class Corado
Exp
Since 2006
Campsites are allowed to open on the 12 April however you will have to use your own showers and toilets in your own vans because the rule is no shared facilities then if all the conditions are met the camp sites can open the showers and toilets five weeks later on the 17th of may and that is also the date when we can take our Moho abroad if France will let us in then

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back