What’s number one on you MH bucket list this year? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Did you find a spot to stay anywhere near the Dali museum in Figueres?
Last time we went it was for the day and in a car. Have started to look for somewhere but not looking very good so might just go for the day in the MH and overnight somewhere else unless anyone has any other ideas?
Edit: oops should have read the later posts sorry. Some good suggestions there ?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
EmnM at the risk of incurring a wrath of those who might know otherwise, nothing changes re licences, insurance and pet passports till 31st Dec 2020. That is my understanding of it so you might have been wrongly advised my insurance company said no green card needed till Dec 31 2020. Now wait for the raft of what everyone else has been told!

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We are going over the Channel next week so I phoned my insurance company. They said I needed a green card after 31st Jan. That was arranged but then I got worried. I went on the dvla sight and was told I need an international driving permit in France but not Spain. Thank goodness I checked before travel. Likely not to be checked but for £5.50 was worth it for peace of mind.

I’ve just read the page. That applies only if we leave without a deal. My understanding is that we’re still aiming for a deal so hopefully will be in the Transition year so nothing will change.
Positive to see that Spain and Germany aren’t asking for an IDP so we’ll only need one, rather than two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My understanding is:- Jan 31st, we LEAVE the EU (SSR). BUT during the period up to and including the end of December, we are in a "transition" phase, during which negotiation will take place to finalise the "deal" (or not). In that period the current status is retained (after all we ARE paying some 38billion for the "privilege"). Now if any one KNOWS different. Please Advise. (y)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Home and abroad since 2005
Sorry PeteH and Grianan but I would rather listen to what the insurance company said and the Post Office said rather than your “understanding”. As I said, better peace of mind than misunderstanding.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Going back to Aubigny sur Nere in July to attend the Franco -Ecosse rally for the fifth time ! All things Scottish and French, pipe bands, Scottish and French dance, Knights Templar ect
4 day event to celebrate the Scot helping the French beat the English, what more can any scot want, great food, great entertainment, lots of different drinks, food, dancing, music, mini tattoo in the "House of the Stuarts", the Red Hot Chilli Pipers topping the bill on the Saturday night.
All in all a fantastic place to enjoy yourselves at.
see https;//www.francetoday.com for more info. enter Franco eccosais 2020 in search box for information.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Have to trade in the Motorhome for one that has more room for our dog.
IMG_20200118_155923.jpg

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Sorry PeteH and Grianan but I would rather listen to what the insurance company said and the Post Office said rather than your “understanding”. As I said, better peace of mind than misunderstanding.
Your insurers?. and the Post office?. Well, whatever? The insurance "industry" is doing what it does best (arse covering), I worked in said industry for 20 years almost!. The post office are giving conflicting information over green cards. depending on who is asked. However, the BBC`s Travel Guru, went to the Foreign Office, and was advised similarly to that which I posted #97. And was confident enough to state that on Breakfast T-V?. Soooo?.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Your insurers?. and the Post office?. Well, whatever? The insurance "industry" is doing what it does best (arse covering), I worked in said industry for 20 years almost!. The post office are giving conflicting information over green cards. depending on who is asked. However, the BBC`s Travel Guru, went to the Foreign Office, and was advised similarly to that which I posted #97. And was confident enough to state that on Breakfast T-V?. Soooo?.

Ignoring the tone of the response ? ... I do wonder if it’s because they’re leaving before 31st January. The WTA (is that what it’s called?) is not passed yet do there is a window of possibility for a crash out.
We’re not heading abroad till the summer so I’m expecting things will be clear by then - at least for this year.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ignoring the tone of the response ? ... I do wonder if it’s because they’re leaving before 31st January. The WTA (is that what it’s called?) is not passed yet do there is a window of possibility for a crash out.
We’re not heading abroad till the summer so I’m expecting things will be clear by then - at least for this year.
Whatever you do, Take care, and come back safe!.

Feb 4, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Home and abroad since 2005
I’m going Friday 24th. France here we come. Then onto Spain. Clear in the knowledge that I have adhered to all legal requirements at that point. Enjoy. And wind your neck in. We are all trying to enjoy this Motorhome life! Which I have for 15 years. Just trying to pass on important information.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I’m going Friday 24th. France here we come. Then onto Spain. Clear in the knowledge that I have adhered to all legal requirements at that point. Enjoy. And wind your neck in. We are all trying to enjoy this Motorhome life! Which I have for 15 years. Just trying to pass on important information.

have a great trip ?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Two weeks in France followed by a week in belgium, that is if wife forgets her statement of 'no more blo##y battlefields....
I always wanted to Visit the Menin Gate.? Not done it yet.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I always wanted to Visit the Menin Gate.? Not done it yet.
I was battle fielded out by my late father in law but the Menin Gate is in my bucket list too.
I’d also like to take my kids back to see their Great great uncles’ graves/memorial inscriptions.
Powerful reminder of the need for diplomacy in a fractious world.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have to trade in the Motorhome for one that has more room for our dog.
View attachment 357977
Was on site in Spain some years back, 2 Full German shepherds, had the Huge Garage on a German Hymer to themselves!. I got the impression they actually travelled in there too. Although my German conversationally is far too rusty and limited to be sure.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
A Newfie!! You could always get a smaller dog that hates water and wont drool everywhere. but why would you! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back