What’s missing? (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2022
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G732
Exp
Total Newbie
Just preparing the van for its first trip since habitation check and am having issues filling the water tank!
Any ideas of where to get a replacement or something I can use temporarily?
IMG_2699.jpeg

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
Try an old wine cork(I can supply loads ,for some reason the wife saves them. But to be fare they do have a multitude of uses.) temporarily then a tapered rubber bung from ebay

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Have a good grope about in the tank or take some photos with your phone, just in case the bung is in there.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
A wine cork soundslike the quickest solve, but I would wrap it with electrical tape to stop it swelling in the hole.

Also pre screw a corkscrew so that you can pull it out when you want to!

Otherwise, if there is time, try;

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There is a standard bung available for water tanks, I paid £11 a couple of years ago when I called in to my nearest Motorhome dealer. You pull or squeze the top and it expands to fill the hole. These are about £6 on Ebay
shopping

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Did have a little grope but didn’t find anything, story of my life apparently 😳

Have you got a small mirror that you can use to check in the corners ,does what's in the hole come out? if not it looks like an over centre bung that should have a handle on it.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Just preparing the van for its first trip since habitation check and am having issues filling the water tank!
Any ideas of where to get a replacement or something I can use temporarily?
View attachment 739382
There's a couple of chandlers in Colchester that might well have a tapered rubber bung (or similar plug) but before you stick anything in the hole, think about how you are going to get it out again when you want to drain the tank.

Forgot to say:
If there's a home brew shop near you, it might also be worth looking there - they often have food quality bungs etc.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I had that problem with the drain plug on my frankia...it fell out a few times. It doesn't fit through the hole so I guarantee it is in your tank somewhere ...finding it is always fun. I attached a bit of stainless steel plug chain to mine in the end which made it easier. As someone suggested use a mirror to find it

OP
OP
S
Jan 9, 2022
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G732
Exp
Total Newbie
I had that problem with the drain plug on my frankia...it fell out a few times. It doesn't fit through the hole so I guarantee it is in your tank somewhere ...finding it is always fun. I attached a bit of stainless steel plug chain to mine in the end which made it easier. As someone suggested use a mirror to find it
There was a short piece of chain near the hole but the plug can't be seen at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back