What’s inside your Truma Combi (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
i just came across this guy, ok I know he’s American, but he videos a visit to the Truma factory in Munich where they show a cutaway version of the Truma Combi working.
I thought interesting to see what goes on inside.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I subscribe to their channel. He does some good experiments and is very enthusiastic about his products he uses. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I came across him when looking for a video on removing the Ducato drivers door interior trim prior to fitting our new proplates. There is one on YouTube that always comes up, but it’s a bit rough and ready.

I thought this one better, not sure if exactly same model although it is based on a Ducato, but the video nice and clear. When we fit our plates I will try and document it in another thread.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I came across him when looking for a video on removing the Ducato drivers door interior trim prior to fitting our new proplates. There is one on YouTube that always comes up, but it’s a bit rough and ready.

I thought this one better, not sure if exactly same model although it is based on a Ducato, but the video nice and clear. When we fit our plates I will try and document it in another thread.

I imagine removing the trim on the Ducato is much like the illustrated approach on the Ram ProMaster, but although more or less the same base vehicle, the trim did look slightly different design to the Ducato.

Nonetheless, reckon the process would be very similar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016

Thanks. I've got proplates on order so this should help me when I get round to fitting them.

Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
What are proplates?

they are steel plates that fit behind the locks on the doors of the ducats base vehicles that are intended to defeat a security weakness, whereby inserting a screwdriver close to the lock trips the central locking open
http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-...es/ducato-proplate-2-door-pack-sept06-current

Unfortunately a bit late for me as we were “done” in Spain but will cover up the tiny ding made by the scroat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Liked the inside look but I was disappointed to not see the water tank. I guess that fills the surrounding area inside the main case?
I think it surrounds that main gas chamber, that’s why you get hot water even if you select heating only on the controls. Well I do anyway!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back