Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 747
Exp
In 15 weeks I have
  • changed my diet
  • Ditched my Metformin
  • In spite of ditching Metformin have moved to pre instead of full Type 2
  • Lost 20 lbs and counting ( from 13st 6 to 12.0- so i wasnt huge)
No bread, no potatos, no rice, no biscuits, no cake….low carb NO SUGAR, no ultra processed food

I don't eat ANYTHING that is Low this or Low that

Honestly not been hungry once in 15 weeks and NO indigestion👍👍
Absolutely fabulous. Well done you (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well I will never like muesli !
I've always liked muesli but no good for me now :frowny:
Low sugar granola, greek style yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, bit of mango or melon perhaps - makes a change from egg themed breakfasts or the full fat man cooked brekkie on the weekend. ;)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
How do you grate a tomato? :confused:
Not taking the pee, genuinely curious.

No offence taken... lol.

Wash the tomato and slice it in half.
Place your grater over a shallow soup-type bowl.
Holding on to the skin side, grate to remove the inner pulp onto the bowl. Mind your fingers so do it carefully as the tomato inners disappear.
Two mid-size tomatoes will probably do for a breakfast of 3 or 4 toast slice.
(Use the ripest tomatoes as they are sweeter. If I can’t find fully ripe tomatoes but need this breakfast’s “hit” now, I add a little sugar to the grated result.)

Prepare toast - use the more traditional loaves and cut reasonably thickly. Sliced bread is awful for this, although some soft burget

Place toast on plate and pour the finest quality virgin olive oil you can get. (I pierce the toast along its surface to soak the oil into it.)
I do not drown the toast in oil but am reasonably liberal with it as the oil gives it a superb fundamental taste.

Spoon the grated tomato onto the toast.

Add salt and (optional) pepper.

And then it is “listo para comer”!

As an option, you can rub garlic on the toast before adding the tomato.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
A very large free range poached egg on 1/2" thick sourdough toast, accompanied by a rasher of microwaved back bacon. Followed by Tesco's three fruit bitter sweet marmalade on sourdough toast. Yum!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
A Kent Korker sausage, 2 bacon, egg, beans, tomato, mushrooms and toast with a cup of tea at a local deli/cafe in Birchington.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I have just found this thread....am very excited because I am looking forward to having Weetabix for breakfast tomorrow morning. Not had them for years! 2 with warm milk and a sprinkle of sugar 🤫😂

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I have just found this thread....am very excited because I am looking forward to having Weetabix for breakfast tomorrow morning. Not had them for years! 2 with warm milk and a sprinkle of sugar 🤫😂
I can feel your excitement!:ROFLMAO:
I hope you’re using Demerara sugar. Even better if you slice a banana into it as well. Bon appatite!

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Alternate
2 x Weetabix
Special K
2 x Brown Bread Toast
Winter add in porridge (but only in uk)
Once every 2/3 weeks eggs bacon grilled tomatoes 1 toast with ST Dalfour Sugar Free Marmalade.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only just seen this thread, no wonder most of you lot are over the recommend 75kg weight for a Motorhome driver.:LOL:

For me bowl of Lidl Luxury fruit & nut musil, orange juice & coffee. (won't be for an hour or two when I get up, don't do mornings).

I will own up to having two cooked breakfasts this year, two is enough for one year.:giggle:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Unfortunately so many people are just too flipping lazy to do it. I was a GP for many years. It was wonderful when people actually listened to advice and embraced the help that was offered to lose weight, change their diets, even exercise and avoided going onto pills for diabetes, high blood pressure, raised cholesterol. Even better when some became motivated and could reduce their pills or stop them. For some it was just easier to take a pill.

There is of course the psychology involved and some people have genuine physical reasons why it’s hard. You’re right that that the drug companies are well motivated to get people onto pills but GPs are well motivated to not prescribe unnecessarily as well in the UK which helps.
It’s not easy completely changing your diet and then sticking to it for life for many people, especially the older you get, well worth it though to avoid or minimise pills and potions with all their potential side effects.

I’m another fan of Lidl luxury muesli Lenny HB , better than fancy Dorset cereals even!

I meant to quote Gillus at the beginning of my post my post as well as saying well done on your incredible efforts , I suddenly realised I hadn’t so it it didn’t really make sense.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Unfortunately so many people are just too flipping lazy to do it. I was a GP for many years. It was wonderful when people actually listened to advice and embraced the help that was offered to lose weight, change their diets, even exercise and avoided going onto pills for diabetes, high blood pressure, raised cholesterol. Even better when some became motivated and could reduce their pills or stop them. For some it was just easier to take a pill.

There is of course the psychology involved and some people have genuine physical reasons why it’s hard. You’re right that that the drug companies are well motivated to get people onto pills but GPs are well motivated to not prescribe unnecessarily as well in the UK which helps.
It’s not easy completely changing your diet and then sticking to it for life for many people, especially the older you get, well worth it though to avoid or minimise pills and potions with all their potential side effects.

I’m another fan of Lidl luxury muesli Lenny HB , better than fancy Dorset cereals even!

I meant to quote Gillus at the beginning of my post my post as well as saying well done on your incredible efforts , I suddenly realised I hadn’t so it it didn’t really make sense.
I would agree with you whole heartedly.
When i was first told i had type two i followed the GPs and nutritionist advice/suggestions (my son is one also and a well qualified dietician etc) on of course of diet exercise alcohol intake blah blah.
I got down to the weight, i got fit, i had spinach and fruit coming out of my ears, i could not do anymore.
For two years of monitoring i said no to tablets although i was there where i was advised to be.
Yet i still had the type 2.
In the end i surrendered and accepted Metformin.
I then went for a pint.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back