Whale water heater on 105 accordo (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Same problem with our 115. Water heater and space heater gave up showing red exclamation marks on the control panel. Took a long, long time to locate the reset buttons, inside tiny cut outs in the floor under the sofas. They definitely exist so good luck in searching. The water heater eventually reset but the space heater didn't. Back to the dealer who discovered the fan motor was faulty and replaced it under warranty.

OP
OP
Keep Right On
Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Have you got it sorted.??
Nope - update is there is no update...... I contacted the dealers and after 3 different technicians had a virtual deep intake of breath and head shaking, I tried lots of stuff - recalibrating the pump, resetting RCD, checking fuses, check water heater water full, no air locks, resetting heater all to no avail. They tried Whale who said there might be a faulty control panel - however, my question to them is how did it pass Elddis factory checks and dealer's PDI (both I am assured would have included water heating tests, although I'm sceptical) prior to delivery to me 20 August.
Dealer is 200 miles away so they are checking who is the local Elddis dealer who can deal with warranty work - however as my wife is still shielding (loads of steroid injections last week) and increasing covid cases, not able to drive moho there.
I'm convinced there is a simple explanation - the heater works on gas and electric but the water heater does not display electric icons on EHU and gas icon goes out after about 5 seconds

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Dealer is 200 miles away so they are checking who is the local Elddis dealer who can deal with warranty work - however as my wife is still shielding (loads of steroid injections last week) and increasing covid cases, not able to drive moho there.
Is there a chance that Dolphin Motorhomes in Bursledon could help, They sell their own dealer special range of Elddis motorhomes?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The dealer (vehicles 4 leisure) contacted Whale and they came out and swapped our heater no problems. Think the engineer said they are guaranteed for 5 years.

OP
OP
Keep Right On
Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Is there a chance that Dolphin Motorhomes in Bursledon could help, They sell their own dealer special range of Elddis motorhomes?
Not sure - before I bought the moho, I talked to them about Elddis and they said they didnt do them....

OP
OP
Keep Right On
Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
The dealer (vehicles 4 leisure) contacted Whale and they came out and swapped our heater no problems. Think the engineer said they are guaranteed for 5 years.
Dealer spoke to Whale who suggested a control panel issue. I just don't get why if it worked ex factory and ex dealer.........
I'll probably end up talking to Whale myself via video to explain exactly what does (or doesnt) happen

OP
OP
Keep Right On
Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
First question...

On the control panel is there a red vertical line next to the water drop icon?

If yes your boiler has locked out... this needs resetting. There will be a red button on top of the boiler next to the yellow drain switch OR on newer models the reset is done on the control panel by pressing the water button and the temp up button at the same time for around 5-10 seconds.

Newer Whale underfloor water heaters don't have a red button. Oh and the water boiler fills automatically when filling the fresh water tank.
No - no exclamation marks although I have tried the reset anyway of water heater button and temp up

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure - before I bought the moho, I talked to them about Elddis and they said they didnt do them....
They don't do the 105 specifically but under their own Elddis Envy range they do the 120 & 135 models. The heating & water systems will be the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back