Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Guys,

I know one of you will be able to tell me, can you use the Whale instant connection system with any other pipe such as the clear types.

I'm trying to T or Y into one to put on a external shower and although they have the threaded type straight connectors I've not found any threaded T's in the local suppliers,

Many thanks for your help, Richard:Smile:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
you have to use the semi rigid pipe with the push fit connectors, as they clamp onto the pipe when you push them home, and if the pipe isnt rigid enough, it'll pop out.

you can get adaptors to go from the flexiable pipe to the semi rigid stuff, but for your application this would be a bit overkill (4 adaptors to take hot and cold to semi rigid pipe, then the T pieces, then to the outside shower i presume in semi rigid.... but if it needs to be the flexi stuff, then 2 more adaptors, upto 18 different leak points.

if you can find a hydraulic hose shop in your town, they will be able to come up with what you need, i use a hydraulic hose place a lot when i fitted the wet central heating to my motorhome, use that pex 15mm barrier pipe and push fit connectors, but to connect to the eberspacher i needed to go to car heater hose and clamp fittings, and had to go to threaded fittings for the calorifier connections and so on.

Motomuz

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Funster No

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
for the domestic plumbing market (Hep2o) you can get sleeves that fit inside the pipe and makes it more rigid and retains the round section where it fits in the pushfit bit.
probably get 'em in the size needed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back