Weymouth fishing (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Off down to Weymouth for 4 nights in the MH to see some friends and will get some sea fishing in for a few hrs whilst there just hoping the mackerel are in off chesil beach has anyone been feathering off chesil lately

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Should be showing especially after this warm spell...

I would be inclined to try at Abbotsbury or Burton Bradstock opposed to Chesil up Portland end.. (y)

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
One of my lads at Chesil on Saturday morning.
Chesil.jpeg

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Caught about a dozen kept 6 but it was hard going they were a very long way out and if you didn't get anything on the first 3 draws back you never caught on that cast

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
With a bit of surf running on an incoming tide have had small school bass big enough for the pan and very tasty it was .
using rag dipped in lugworm essence only the one but a change from the mackerel .
fresh caught mackerel on the BBQ with Worcester sauce (y) delish

Should have said
Abbotsbury car park end and about 50 yards to the right if boardwalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I parked at the car park on the beach at West bexington in the motorhome no over night parking though

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Off back down to Weymouth again next week to do some more mackerel fishing, going to take my inflatable kayak and new electric outboard to try out if sea conditions allow it so hopefully will bag a few for the freezer

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Off back down to Weymouth again next week to do some more mackerel fishing, going to take my inflatable kayak and new electric outboard to try out if sea conditions allow it so hopefully will bag a few for the freezer
How did you get on?

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Still here it's been very rough off chesil it was chocolate brown for 2 days with huge weed drifts everywhere
Went yesterday a bit clearer and caught 3 all were a good size though. They were a very long way out and deep I had to cast as hard as I could with thin 10lb course fishing line and scaled down to 2 feathers to help with casting and I had all three fish within the first 2 pulls any more than 2 pulls and nothing I think I was just about reaching the odd drifting fish out the shoal.
Coming home tonight then back down on Thursday for 10 days so hoping the sea conditions improve so I can launch the kayak with my little electric outboard then I can go a few hundred yds out to try and bag a few this way
I will keep you informed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
seas will be picking up the next few days with a low spooling through off dorset coast

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Still here it's been very rough off chesil it was chocolate brown for 2 days with huge weed drifts everywhere
Went yesterday a bit clearer and caught 3 all were a good size though. They were a very long way out and deep I had to cast as hard as I could with thin 10lb course fishing line and scaled down to 2 feathers to help with casting and I had all three fish within the first 2 pulls any more than 2 pulls and nothing I think I was just about reaching the odd drifting fish out the shoal.
Coming home tonight then back down on Thursday for 10 days so hoping the sea conditions improve so I can launch the kayak with my little electric outboard then I can go a few hundred yds out to try and bag a few this way
I will keep you informed
Thanks for the update and fingers crossed for your next trip (y)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Been in Weymouth again for last 4 days had 4 goes off chesil beach, very hard going hardly anyone catching anything. A few mackerel being caught but no big numbers, I had 3 early this morning and then went back tonight for last 2 hrs of daylight and had another 3.
All fish were caught on a dexter wedge and great fun on a light rod, could not get a take on feathers at all.
Will try and get down again end of Sept

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back