We've got to try this............ (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Pitched up at Camping Ametlla, north of Barcelona. Really nice site, huge pitches, fabulous warm shower block, 2 mins to a lovely small beach and it has one of these ...................................
06032018 Ametlla De Mar (14).JPG

You put your casette in without emptying it and it costs E1.50 for a super clean and E2.50 if you want some of that stinky toilet chemical put in.
Going to try it out in the morning, and if it chews up the cassette as least we've got a spare one.

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Yes, we were on a site at Miami Beach just south of Tarragona a couple of weeks ago and they had one. I was also concerned about potential damage and, as I don't have a spare cassette, I chickened out and donned the the rubber gloves instead!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Pitched up at Camping Ametlla, north of Barcelona. Really nice site, huge pitches, fabulous warm shower block, 2 mins to a lovely small beach and it has one of these ...................................
View attachment 217447
You put your casette in without emptying it and it costs E1.50 for a super clean and E2.50 if you want some of that stinky toilet chemical put in.
Going to try it out in the morning, and if it chews up the cassette as least we've got a spare one.
I've not used one yet but €1.50 well spent if you ask me; let us know how you get on(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
We used it many times at La Bellena campsite. (€1)
Very good IMO

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have to take it out of the van and carry it you might as well just empty while you are on, just my opinion of course.

Still watching with interest though.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Well we tried it. The excitement was palpable!! Had lots of observers from the site - some of them trying to helpful by pointing us towards the Quimico. Couldn't find the slot to put the money in then realised it was contactless card only. Managed to get the machine to open the door to insert the cassette. No instructions on the machine so spent a little while pressing buttons willy nilly ........... then it all kicked off. Lots of splishy splashy water noises and thrumming. Ooooh .... the anticipation of not knowing if we'd get a lovely squeaky clean cassette back or just a pile of chewed up plastic. 3 minutes later the front of the machine smoothly rolled up and there it was in all its splendour - one immaculately clean cassette! Impressive - but then we're easily pleased. :):):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back