Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
BC, Canada
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Six
I rushed to read the posts in this forum - but there aren't any!!!
Well there is now because I've got one, a Westfalia that is, and would love to hear from anyone who has or knows anything about them.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Wilkomen im Motorhome Fun!

Westfalia are one of the pioneers in van conversions. They know what they are doing, unlike some converters!

Sleep easy, good choice!:thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
:welcomefunster:Welcome to fun. I have a T25 Autosleeper conversion absolutely no idea what the difference is but I love mine and hope your westfalia gives you as much pleasure as mine does. Are you going to join us on some rallies:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hello and :welcome:from a wet Leicestershire, A lovely well thought out van I have never had one know some that have one, they are very pleased with them. Have fun.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
I rushed to read the posts in this forum - but there aren't any!!!
Well there is now because I've got one, a Westfalia that is, and would love to hear from anyone who has or knows anything about them.

Hi Westfaliaman,
We have a Westfalia James Cook on a Mercedes Sprinter base.
Had it since 2008 and just love it. Unbeatable Build quality, roomy, sleeps four, seats five undsoweiter.::bigsmile:
What's your's?
Mike and Annie:Cool::Smile:

Jkarchibald

Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
Diss, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Amundsen 540D
Exp
Just awaiting delivery for our Westfalia Amundsen 540d - target date is 20 June. So in just under a couple of weeks time, you can count me in as part of the Westfalia club.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Columbus looks like a great van. I love the pull out compressor fridge.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and a big :welcome3:,sure you have a good van there!!
Incidentally my partner is from your part of the world,looks live we will be visiting soon.
Enjoy the forum.

Erwal

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
We are thrilled to be joining the Westfalia club - picking up our new Westfalia Columbus 601D on Friday - so excited! It has taken us 2 years to decide what to buy, but we just love this PVC. We have joined this site (and subscribed) as complete newbies to motorhomes - hope to get lots of advice and tips from here. First step - download the MotorHome Pre-purchase Checklist to help us with the 2hr handover on Friday.

SergeantJav

Free Member
May 22, 2018
Funster No
Westfalia Columbus 641E....Thinking of picking one of these vans up...searched the forum and couldn’t see much about them. Anyone got one or any other Columbus model? This will be a 2017 model. Basically fixed rear bed, Fiat Ducato 6.36 m long PVC, side dinette mid washroom with an extra berth with a fold out bench.
Appreciate any positive or negative experiences of these vans or this make...

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Westfalia Columbus 641E....Thinking of picking one of these vans up...searched the forum and couldn’t see much about them. Anyone got one or any other Columbus model? This will be a 2017 model. Basically fixed rear bed, Fiat Ducato 6.36 m long PVC, side dinette mid washroom with an extra berth with a fold out bench.
We nearly bought one of these so happy to share our experience - see your Inbox on top right of this web page for PM

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp

Had a 600D now awaiting another 600D.... long story! Positive regarding quality of conversion, semi positive with regard to Westfalia as a company. Fiat professional a definitive negative, but the shining light for me is campersales formerly vwcampersales. Rob is a really genuine bloke, he goes more than the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. The rest of the team there are also top notch, I wouldn't go anywhere else for a Westfalia.

Do feel free to pm me if you want more info, but I'm sure Wobbles has put you on the right track.

SergeantJav

Free Member
May 22, 2018
Funster No
Thanks for the updates one and all...at present looking at one with Harbour Creek...the co-owner Colin and son also seem very nice... so no regrets then
Sorry if my responses drop off soon as sketchy reception until Saturday....

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Had a 600D now awaiting another 600D.... long story! Positive regarding quality of conversion, semi positive with regard to Westfalia as a company. Fiat professional a definitive negative, but the shining light for me is campersales formerly vwcampersales. Rob is a really genuine bloke, he goes more than the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. The rest of the team there are also top notch, I wouldn't go anywhere else for a Westfalia.

Do feel free to pm me if you want more info, but I'm sure Wobbles has put you on the right track.

I share your experience regarding both Westfalia and Campersales. We bought an Amundsen 600D and have been very happy with it. Took it to Provence in April/May this year. Agree Rob is a 'Top Man' and pleasure to deal with.

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
The long wait is over it's arrived!!!

Some pics Rob took yesterday evening.

20180703_191925.jpg
20180703_192006.jpg
20180703_192021.jpg
20180703_192052.jpg

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
This is the location of one end the cable:

Mar 21, 2017
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
This is the location of one end the cable:

Thanks for that. I located the wires in the cabinet and at the leisure batteries in my first Columbus and have had the mifi aerial etc plus battery monitor, extra USB's and a raft of other things to fit for ages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back