Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Hi. On Sep 6 th we were off for 3 months touring. Today i am in southampton hospital with an aortic anurism. So how would you reckon going Nov. Dec. Jan. We are very experienced in wild camping and the wilds. Your thoughts please.. Good or bad.sheets froghoppe

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry to hear of your problem - but glad it has been found before it was too late. Nasty things these problems with major blood vessels.

My daughter was at Uni on Lewis. The college shut mid-Dec and re-opened late Jan / early Feb because of the short, dark days and weather. It can be very stormy at that time of year. Obviously your choice but perhaps you should wait until April or May and see the machair in bloom?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would say delay it for a while. 4 weeks post op, you wont be able to drive anyway

dont focus on the negatives....plan for the future

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would say delay it for a while. 4 weeks post op, you wont be able to drive anyway

dont focus on the negatives....plan for the future

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I can recommend this campsite if you need a site:

http://www.eileanfraoich.co.uk/

The Macaulay family will make you very welcome and treat you as a friend. You also get use of the swimming pool at the end of their lane :) They have a laundry although the Bayhead Centre in Stornoway also has machines you can sometimes use - ask in the office first.

If you do decide on the winter trip you'll need some way of keeping your batteries alive as there isn't much sun at that time of year if you usually rely on solar. Also if there is a major storm the ferries / aircraft can't get in and some goods will become unavailable or difficult to get hold of.

I would wait for a few months if I was you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We started our tour this year mid April to end of June, Next year we trying from around mid March to see if we can catch a few more snow storms than we did this year. I think March is quite early enough to tour Scotland and not get stuck. Enjoy when ever you decide to go and if possible do the islands, (Lewis, Harris and north and south Uist.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back