West Sussex or East Devon overnight spots recommendations by the coast with good beaches over New Year 2021 (1 Viewer)

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi All,
Would anyone happen to have knowledge of any overnight spots along the West Sussex or East Devon coast line that would allow for us to stopover and enjoy sandy beaches for dog walks and scenery. We are looking for a couple of nights over this new year weekend.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
We are going down the Free/off grid overnight parking route.
I have looked through campsites via the CAMC route but there is nothing suitable for a motorhome that is open this time of year. The couple of CL's I did try were unsuitable for motorhomes on the grass given the wet conditions we have all been experiencing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Being Sussex born and bed I know the coast well from Hastings to Portsmouth but in 20+ years of motorhoming I've never toured in the U.K. so no knowledge of South coast sites but I believe the following may help your quest...........

www.searchforsites.co.uk

or Park4night or Campercontact

Britstops - Pub overnight stops.

Pub stops, wild camping.
https://sites.google.com/view/wildcampingmotorhomes/home

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
I thought I would ask within this forum just to aid the search. I already have the searchforsites and park4night apps that we have used in the past but primarily on the continent given that they are more open to wild camping than the UK.

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
I thought I would ask within this forum just to aid the search. I already have the searchforsites and park4night apps that we have used in the past but primarily on the continent given that they are more open to wild camping than the UK.
Yes, I'm the same; foreign touring is a totally different experience.
My knowledge of the West Sussex coast is that the coastline and beaches are heavily developed or protected so there are few free/wild places near beaches where one could overnight without some NIMBY knocking on your door, although I suppose there must be some. Hopefully you'll get some more positive replies.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
we just fancied the new year weekend by the coast that is not a 4 hour drive given we are landlocked in Worcestershire. So I thought West Susse or East Devon might have been suitable. Perhaps I need to re-think!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Nowhere weve found ,kent is better worst case park n ride canterbury and day trips to the coast on three sides whitstable round to deal

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Yep, Kent may be easier, and East Sussex - bits along the Pevensey Bay area are fairly unpopulated with some 'rough parking' areas along the coast and there are also a couple of sites at the beach but they may not be open. Google Maps and Streetview may help identify somewhere but you'd have to risk being 'visited' and moved on.

Not exactly what you want but it has just ocurred to me that I've read on here of folk overnighting at Port Solent marina before catching the ferry but I believe it's necessary to phone first to arrange.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
okay thank you. I will keep this in mind.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
The road that continues west past the Port Solent car parks will lead you to the harbour wall where a few park up. Also the far western end at West Wittering is a possible spot during the winter.

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi cyberyacht.

Thank you. I will look to check them out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back