We're off... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
...to Bruges today and then not sure. Ghent and Ypres are on the agenda but no real plan other than we come back on Friday.

We spent the night at Canterbury P&R last night and gave the pub just outside a chance to redeem itself which it did, with flying colours. I bumped into Joe of Joe & Denise fame this morning and had a good chat.

Now we're sat at a wet and miserable tunnel terminal waiting for our train. This is the first time ever we haven't been offered an earlier one!

Next stop Bruges aire (y)

I'll post some pictures and updates as we go.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are you planning on visiting the Aire at the Ice Cream factory?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
That is a town i must give a 2nd chance. I only went for two days and it was full of OAP's from coach party's and did nothing but rain. What i did see from the pup window looked nice though and walking about at night in the city center was nice.

Enjoy your jolly. Hope you get the weather.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We liked Bruges so much we stayed an extra day there. It's gone straight onto our list of favourite places to visit.

We've moved on to Ypres today. The on street parking was packed so we're on the proper aire attached to the campsite where we're sharing 18 places with one Dutch motorhome. €15 per night with 10A electric and all the usual. It seems quite nice.

Just having some lunch and then going to wander into town and hopefully see the vet.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Don't know if you are into Thrift shops but there is one just round the corner from the Aire you are on. If you walk out of the Aire via the barrier, straight on for about 40 yds until you get to the main road. Turn left and walk for about 100 yds until you reach the ALDI on the right and opposite is a shop called
Kringloopwinkel
It is quite big and what we found it good for was drinking glasses etc for the MH.

Bear in mind also that you have to be out of the barrier before (I think) 11am otherwise you have to pay for another day in order to get the MH out.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've moved on to Ypres today. The on street parking was packed so we're on the proper aire attached to the campsite where we're sharing 18 places with one Dutch motorhome. €15 per night with 10A electric and all the usual. It seems quite nice.

It also has free WiFi.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ive spent a couple of days at Ypres ,the museum in the town center is well worth a visit and as allready been said ,the Mennin gate at 8pm ,aim to get there at around 7.30 it gets quite full after that ,there is a painting in the museum by an Austrailian artist , its the most moving painting i have ever seen ,all of the names on the menin gate are those of the missing . i find the whole thing very moving

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're moving on again today, back into France. The plan is to stop at Bergues tonight and probably Gravelines tomorrow ready for the tunnel first thing Friday morning.

The vet here was very good although it took a few minutes to find them. She speaks good English and was quite reasonable - €26 per dog including the tablet.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Slight change of plan. Bergues aire seems to be closed because the access road has been dug up so we abandoned that idea and have come straight to Gravelines. We'll probably stay here until Friday morning when we go home.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
After a bright sunny day yesterday this is Gravelines this morning :eek: The dogs are happy anyway

image.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Apologies. Finger slipped.

The first dish is fillets of sole in a shellfish sauce. The second one is scallops en croute.

Both excellent.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The starters were followed by a peach sorbet with some alcohol I'm not quite sure of.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And finally for desert Assiette Gourmande and Profiteroles with chocolate mousse and white chocolate sauce
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That's all folks.

We're heading back to Blighty first thing in the morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back