LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I had my reservations about the new allegedly improved web site, to be honest I don't like it, I found it difficult and after many years using the old site much preferred the old site. I note after less than 24 hours people were already saying it wasn't as good etc etc but I thought I would reserve judgement until I could get used to it. So it's been a while now and I still don't /didn't like it until tonight.

Tonight I realised that if you go in to quick links you can quickly see the forum in the old style, which suits me far better.....
So it's ticking along once, I miss the thanks button, but like the old style options ...

You ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A big improvement..... and let's not forget that one of the prime reasons for changing was security. Different, certainly, but very easy to use. Miss the daily mail smiley if only to wind Shifty up......... (y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Getting used to it more now. I know it's still work in progress, so it'll improve as time ticks by, let's be patient and see the full final version and then slate it to death - joking :rofl:

I'm getting more used to it now. It's like anything else, the more you use it, the more familiar it becomes.

I do however miss the vibrant blue and orange/gold of old. It's what caught my eye when I first found it on Google.

Still, it's onwards and upwards :clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i hate change for the sake of it, but realise that the move to new software was essential and overdue for a number of reasons. this software is very much quicker and easier to navigate in my view

miss the thanks button but everything else is slowly building up nicely

i use the recent posts link as my homepage for the forum

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Think it's as great improvement, just tried old forum style :whistle: no thanks the new ones better. The recent post page is all I need and loading media is a doddle.
Would I wanna go back, no way.
Only thing I miss is the Thanks button.(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I still have the old site working and I have to visit it most days. I hate going there and can't believe how clunky it feels, especially on a tablet. I too missed the old set up at first which is why I set up the old forum style page, but to be honest I've gotten used to just keep hitting the top left Recent Post tab Recent posts means a lot less scrolling to the three sections, and now I've set it to show 35 posts a page I don't miss as much.

Still loads to set up and some good stuff to unveil soon. Its been 5 weeks of 18 hour days doing pretty much nothing else but work on it, No one likes change, and I could have certainly done without the work, but I'm pleased with the way it's panning out and becoming very usable on all platforms :)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
I just use the refresh button in the browser & like you say jim its eisier on Tablet & Mobile (y)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
You need a change management course Paul :):):):):):)

Many people are very resistant to change which is quite normal.

I visited the link to the old site once and never again.

I love the new site but
I hate
the fact it doesnt have the games - I really miss the old games
they were my stress relief

I hate
the word conversation - I much preferred PM or private message

I hated
Shoutbox - I originally thought that was the place to put rants - not chat but the names been been changed

I hated how complicated it seemed to start off with - but Im getting used to it and enjoying it

I really really hate when the headings change position just as I get used to them, but eventually they will all have a permanent resting place.

I love the way that those who find navigating the site easy come to the rescue of those who dont

and Yes the Thank You button is on my wish list BUT...... they are two small words easy to type and easy to say but rarely typed or sincerely spoken.

Jim and Karl put a lot of work into the new site and took a massive risk - I believe they did FUN PROUD (y)(y)

edit - and to answer your question - No I dont think they were wrong

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Quite like it now.
Could do with a button to get straight back to the top of a page of posts instead of having to scroll back up.
Good work chaps!
that would be a great addition. much like the hovering button on ebay to jump straight to the top of the page. unobtrusive and very very useful

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just noticed the word TOP at the bottom right of each page, an that does the same job, but you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to get to it

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Quite like it now.
Could do with a button to get straight back to the top of a page of posts instead of having to scroll back up.
Good work chaps!
If you are on an ipad you can straight to top at any time by "hitting" the small black space at the top of the window - above subject, above status bar, above time. This works in any web site, not just motorhome fun

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have noticed,the new site never loads completely.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I prefer it now.

In fact I have forgotten what I liked about the old site. I agree with Jim that the more posts per page feature is one of the better things about the new software .

It will come into it's own when the rugby World Cup is underway. 35 posts per page of bleating:D

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I love it!

It's much clearer, cleaner and faster. The thread titles take you to the last read post rather than top of the page. 'Recent posts' is much more user-friendly.

Best of all? No adverts! I don't know now why not but it saves me clicking on things I don't need when I'm trying to scroll down/up the page (y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
if I had one criticism Jim it's where the "alerts" button is. Just above it is an advert ( Dave Newell today) and I find that on a tablet with big fingers I am opening the ad rather than pressing the alert button.

That is probably a tablet thing though

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
:dm:

ha ha it works.

now were this TOP button?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
If you are on an ipad you can straight to top at any time by "hitting" the small black space at the top of the window - above subject, above status bar, above time. This works in any web site, not just motorhome fun
Thanks for that. Saves a lot of finger flicking :smiley:(y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Second off bottom row at the bottom.. (y)

• Broken Link Removed
    • Broken Link Removed
    • Broken Link Removed

found it thanks,

now weres the thanks button?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Interesting that when the first thread started with 24 hours everyone was sending out hit men for Jim and Grommett, yet a bit if patience and now many are won over... :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: :DM:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's the first thing we ported over. Just type : dm : without the spaces :)

:dm:
Thanks Jim - never thought of that - now back to normal. Cheers!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Quite like it now.
Good work chaps!
On my ipad , if you go to the very bottom , there's a blue bar
Contact us, help,rules,home,top.
Click top and it wizzers you straight up there.::bigsmile:

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
I haven't logged in for a little over 8 weeks and didn't recognise the place! when did it all change?

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
On my ipad , if you go to the very bottom , there's a blue bar
Contact us, help,rules,home,top.
Click top and it wizzers you straight up there.::bigsmile:

I access via my iphone most of the time and that isn't there. Only contact us, help, rules. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back