We're back from holiday but are NOT happy bunnies!!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We are now back at home from our 5 week jaunt to Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg (info on below thread):

Broken Link Removed

I mentioned on the above thread about the oil filter leaking which we discovered a few days into our holiday and needed to be replaced ... not happy as we'd had a full service less than 2 weeks earlier in preparation for our trip! We hoped that was the 'end' to our bad luck ... yeah, fat chance!!!!!

Things have gone downhill for the last few days unfortunately - I blame hubby for jinxing us by saying we hadn't had a vet's bill this year (for a poorly dog etc as we've had for the last 4 years for various daft things!) ... these are our more 'recent' issues:

Problem 1:
A few days ago our TV lead developed a fault and blew the fuse in it so no TV, not a major issue as it was only to see what the weather was and watch the odd DVD, however when hubby was testing it, it also blew the fuse for the socket we use for charging phones etc (in the cupboard above the 'kitchen' which I use to store my cups etc but was originally meant to store a TV) which for some reason has the lights in the wash room wired into the same circuit (don't ask me why except I think it was the easier option for the converters!). As the main fuse box is buried under the bed and we couldn't be bothered to unload the stuff we'd bought to get at it 'peeing in the darkness' became the norm, or leaving the door ajar and using the glow from the 'hall' light (oo-er missus!). :D

Problem 2:
We'd bought some beer which was on offer from InterMarche which we'd put under the dinette table behind the driver's seat, when we were about to have tea hubby tried to turn the seat round but felt some resistance and not thinking ... he just pushed it harder ... sppspspspspspspspsssp .... yup you've guessed it ... 2 cans of beer punctured and squirting all over the bl**dy place! I don't know if he was more annoyed at having to clear up the mess or loosing the beer (no he did NOT suck it out of the carpet!). I was not best pleased either as the whole van now smells like a brewery.:censored:

Problem 3:
Beer bath over we had tea then headed for the crossing - we managed to get a return trip last night at instead of 09:20 this morning FOC which was great especially since we were told we wouldn't be able to get one until 19:50 but they managed to fit us in as the very last large vehicle on the train on the 19:20 instead! The vehicle in front of us was a 'white van man' and his 'monkey' who messed about on the way back, climbing on their van, cleaning it out, pressing the horn and then about 5 mins before we got into the UK, started the engine! :sick: Needless to say they weren't bothered when informed that the needed to turn it off as it wasn't allowed and was a health issue, the 'monkey' was the worse and despite us informing the ET chap (English) he said they do get this from time to time but there's nothing they can really do although he was very apologetic about it all. Oh well, at least they were worried enough that they couldn't get off the train fast enough and I hope they got a bit concerned every time a police officer/car came near them!

Problem 4:
Having stopped at Godmanchester for the night we were on our way back home on the A1 this morning, tootling along nicely, when a passing car threw a stone up at our windscreen which hit the driver's side, about an inch in from the 'A' pillar, half way up ... apart from the loud noise it made it had made a large chip and with a bit of cracking to boot ... by the time we got home it was about 4 inches long ... that'll be a £100 excess for a new screen!!! :mad: So much for saving money on the beer and spirits we bought! :(

Problem 5:
Now, you'd think by now that would be enough 'aggro' but oh no, when we got home we were greeted with raw sewerage over our front yard/garden! My Mum had told me a couple of days ago that there had been some flash flooding where we live but it never actually floods our property as such, but as we are the only one with mains drainage on our street which is a bit downhill from the main road unfortunately when the main road drain can't cope it forces the sewerage down to us and up through our drain grates onto our front way then down the street, passing about an inch below our external threshold in the process! As the inside floor of our bungalow is about 3 inches lower than the threshold it's a good job we never lowered it down to the internal floor level otherwise the whole place would flood! :eek:

Problem 6:
Then ... trying to make a call to the water company to get the mess cleared up was the next fun and games as the phone network is playing up (yet again) so we kept getting cut off ... same with trying to get the windscreen replacement sorted! (n)

Problem 7:
Father in Law has tried, as usual, to murder my house plants by over-watering them ... my poor African Violet seems to be growing gills as there was 4 inches of water in the pot holder!

Hopefully that's the end to our 'troubles' for now ... :rolleyes:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
OMG a lot of stresses--one wouldn't have been bad but all together....

Deep breaths, cup of tea---no one died, and I hope the plants survivr!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I'd stay at home next year lol it will be cheaper...

Joking aside that sounds a nightmare ....we're just heading off tommorrow morning im hoping for zero problems

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Mel sometimes it never rains but it pours, I am sure you will sort it out but hassle you really could do without.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It NEARLY got worse this afternoon! Hubby gave the dogs some of yesterday's French stick to eat up, no problem there, then a bit later he fed them and immediately after little Lily was just licking/mouthing and looking a bit bug-eyed as she was panicking and shaking, wanting to go out and just eat grass ... oh bl**dy heck now what! Hubby brought her in but she would not settle and just wanted to go out again ... I checked and she wasn't choking or anything like that, no obstacles in her mouth/throat, not been stung in her mouth etc ... she was happy to drink a bit of milk (her favourite) so it showed it was some 'over-reacting' on her part to the situation - if she's really poorly she won't have anything, not even milk. Hubby was doing his 'usual' worrying act and wanting to take her to the vet immediately ... instead I took her back outside and within a couple of minutes she threw up and out came her dinner and the blooming lump of French stick whole, which she'd swallowed rather than chew it. My 'diagnosis' is that she'd gobbled up the bread which sat in her gullet, then when she ate her dinner the gravy made the bread swell up and prevented the food going straight down to her stomach, which made her feel ill/uncomfortable so she was trying to get rid of the object causing the problem, and was panicking as to what was going on with her, hence the manic grass eating which eventually cleared the problem. o_O

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh .... I'm gonna go to bed soon before anything else happens!!!!! :eek:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh .... I'm gonna go to bed soon before anything else happens!!!!! :eek:

See you upstairs then....................(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ooooo ... just to give some 'balance' to this thread ... we did get something FREE today which we weren't expecting! :)

As some public sector workers are on strike the Humber bridge staff weren't collecting any tolls so we crossed without having to pay ... so that's £1.50 towards the cost of the windscreen!!!! :rolleyes: ... just another £98.50 to 'win' somehow!!! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
See you upstairs then....................(y)(y)(y)
Sorry to disappoint but we have a bungalow, however you are quite welcome to go and sit on the roof if you like! :LOL:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You HAD a roof........That's PROBLEM 8 (y)(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You HAD a roof........That's PROBLEM 8 (y)(y)
Not after spending £6,500 on it last autumn it isn't ... it was then though!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not after spending £6,500 on it last autumn it isn't ... it was then though!

You were done! I could have fixed it whilst I was up here, waiting for you to arrive in your negligee. :):)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You were done! I could have fixed it whilst I was up here, waiting for you to arrive in your negligee. :):)
... ah, and I thought that the noise up there was the local moggie having a bonk! ... just a thought ... you and the cat ... you didn't ... did you???? I know it's dark but I ain't that hairy (not even after 5 weeks in a campervan)!!! :oops:

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Reading through your tales of woe...seems to me that Hubby is to blame for most of it! Taking cover now................

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Ooooo ... just to give some 'balance' to this thread ... we did get something FREE today which we weren't expecting! :)

As some public sector workers are on strike the Humber bridge staff weren't collecting any tolls so we crossed without having to pay ... so that's £1.50 towards the cost of the windscreen!!!! :rolleyes: ... just another £98.50 to 'win' somehow!!! :D

Report now in to Hull for Humber Bridge Fees
I'm not supporting you Tax Dodging Itinerants any more.

Disgusted of Goole

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
... ah, and I thought that the noise up there was the local moggie having a bonk! ... just a thought ... you and the cat ... you didn't ... did you???? I know it's dark but I ain't that hairy (not even after 5 weeks in a campervan)!!! :oops:

I like hairy women. German women must be the last to remain hairy. Now its all crack and back...Tut Tut. There was something sexy about HAIR. I used to be hair sexy till it all fell out.....:(:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back