LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. We are Ken and Jan on the road from Wales.

We've been doing a lot of travelling in the UK and Europe in three successive motorhomes since 2015. We keep falling out of love with our motorhomes and upgrading to something we hope will be better. We think we have got it right this time - at least no bits have fallen off our 2019 purchase yet!!. Watch this space.:cautious:

We've been watching you guys for a number of years -first saw you at a motorhome show in the UK some years ago. Since then we have got a lot of really good info from your site. Time to do the right thing and commit to a subscription came over the past weeks. The subscription is really good value for the amount of useful info we are getting.

At a time of extreme difficulty and risk for all of us, we need to do our bit to help everyone. We hope to return info to the site that is informative and relevant to the needs of the membership.

Iechyd da

Ken & Jan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ken & Jan, welcome to the fun (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome.

I feel sorry for people who find the need to change MHs twice within 5 years, must be expensive.

What is the relevance of 'Frenchies' in the thread title?

Geoff

OP
OP
x17ken

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome.

I feel sorry for people who find the need to change MHs twice within 5 years, must be expensive.

What is the relevance of 'Frenchies' in the thread title?

Geoff
So here's the story in brief.

You work all your life (45 years in my case) and look forward to having some dogs to relax with when you retire. I couldn't have dogs in my working life - cruel to leave them alone all day - in my opinion. And I had very little time for holidays of any kind.

We retired and sought out some French Bulldogs - Frenchies - Great temperament and real characters.

Next question for us - how do we go on holiday without putting the dogs in Kennels. Answer - get yourself a motorhome or caravan to set yourself free.

Then, new to motorhomes we did not quite get our requirements right. Now after three we think we have got the right formula.

But after all that I remain astounded at the poor quality issues we have encountered with leading brands. I guess there will be other readers who will share my views on this.

Sometimes in life its best to put your desired lifestyle first and then mould your purchases around it to match your means. We are now in a good place and have learned a lot. Yes, I would have taken a different course a couple of years ago knowing what I know now.

But, we have loved ever minute of the journey.

K&J

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Ken

Thanks for the explanation about 'Frenchies' and the reasons for changing MHs

It might be educational for some, especially new buyers, to name the brands about which you had quality issues.

I bought our N&B Arto 10 years ago when it was 6 years old and have had very few problems. I think 75% was research and 25% luck, plus a good price. My seller went on to buy another Arto (when he had paid out the girlfriend with my money)

I trust the new MH will be with you for a longer time than the first two.

Geoff

OP
OP
x17ken

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Geoff,

I cannot name manufacturers as I have some ongoing issues. Suffice it to say the first two were from the UK the current one is from Germany. Also some of our issues were personal to us, which others might find acceptable.

Thanks for your interest.
Cheers

OP
OP
x17ken

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and welcome.

We need more Welsh members(y)
I'm in Spain at the moment. Everything is shut down, but my Welsh Dragon is still flying high. It could be shot down tomorrow by the authorities, but I've got bigger one in the boot for extreme situations.:giggle:
Iechyd Da

OP
OP
x17ken

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and welcome to FUN, from another Welsh man exiled in the East Midlands. (y)
Hi David,

Good place to be in the East Midlands today, in my opinion. Too wet for you in the west of Wales at the moment. Wait until August/September

Regards,

K&J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back