Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There is a CC site at Freshwater East but I think ( I don't know) that it's closed until the summer for a refurb.

That's about 200 ( flat) metres to the beach.

Perfect base to explore the surrounding coast ( Stackpole Quay, Barrafundle Bay, Broadhaven, Stack Rocks, Freshwater West ( surf beach) and Lydstep, Manorbier, Tenby, Saundersfoot and Amroth in the other direction.

There is a small pretty basic site at Wisemans Beach which is between Saundersfoot and Amroth. Pub opposite, beach opposite and easy walk into Saundersfoot.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Best breakfast in the UK at the cafe (next to the garage and shop) in Sennybridge.

Not to be missed...

Sometimes celebrity Funsters are spotted there.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Would you believe it. Ms Tiggs thinks the weather might be better in Cornwall :cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Would you believe it. Ms Tiggs thinks the weather might be better in Cornwall :cry:

I think it will probably be about the same.

Pot luck really.

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I think it will probably be about the same.

Pot luck really.

so many thanks for all your help... bearing in mind this year was supposed to be lake garda and venice I can sort of understand the frustrations Ms Tiggs is feeling.. anyway... as it turns out, you don't need a pet passport to go to sunny places if you pick the right one so we are going here instead....

http://www.campingjersey.com/

today has been a very interesting day !!!!!!!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Doesn't matter where you go, if you get there with the right attitude you'll love it (y)
(Beauveland does look fabulous though :))

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Doesn't matter where you go, if you get there with the right attitude you'll love it (y)
(Beauveland does look fabulous though :))
I agree with both your sentiments. TBH we were only staying in the UK for the new pup and not needing a pet passport was the decider. Jersey might not be as sunny as Lake Garda but we have never been before so it will be a great experience for us and the dogs.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I agree with both your sentiments. TBH we were only staying in the UK for the new pup and not needing a pet passport was the decider. Jersey might not be as sunny as Lake Garda but we have never been before so it will be a great experience for us and the dogs.
Have a great time & thanks for starting the thread -there's been some great replies which will help us :D

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Have a great time & thanks for starting the thread -there's been some great replies which will help us :D
Thanks Debs. Honestly all the suggestions will likely get used for weekends and bank holidays in years to come, as mentioned on another thread I've got another 25years at least as a wage slave before we can plan epic travels.

Unless I do an Ian....

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Debs. Honestly all the suggestions will likely get used for weekends and bank holidays in years to come, as mentioned on another thread I've got another 25years at least as a wage slave before we can plan epic travels.

Unless I do an Ian....
Nice if you can get to Wales for a weekend then, too far for us to be worth it I think:( so we'll just have to go for longer:LOL:. My Mum was born in Dolgellau and I'd like to at least see the place once.

Re wage slave...have you ever read ourtour.co.uk? The couple full timed round europe for a while, came back home (turned out to be less than 5m from us) and are off long term again.....some v interesting suggestions, facts, figures etc.:)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016

We're sure you'll love Jersey, we've been there several time pre MH ownership. Check out Plemont Bay when you're there. :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Don't think anyone has mentioned the Gower peninsula yet .. there is a CL at Middleton with a fantastic beach at Rhosilli . walking round Worm's head is good as is the beach at Mewslade bay https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1s0x486e92b8d9855249:0x7c808dac74aaa1d2?hl=en

Sssssh . . us local residents are trying to keep some of the best beaches in Europe a secret . . . :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sssssh . . us local residents are trying to keep some of the best beaches in Europe a secret . . . :)
I wish I could find that old thread with the fantastic photos of Wales on....I think it was called something daft like.....reasons not to go to Wales....unless I dreamt it....:ROFLMAO:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The site in Jersey looks lovely, always wanted to go there but being do close to Dover always pulls us that way :france:.
Maybe when we are no longer wage slaves we'll get to Jersey.

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Sitting on this site as I read this. Absolutely stupendous views, but site is just a bit too manicured for me, like camping in someone's very nice garden, so may not be everyone's cup of tea. But great if that's what you like.
As an alternative, much further north, try Bodwrog, near Llanbedrog on the Lleyn peninsula. Great views, good facilities and lovely laid back feel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back