Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry to hear of your plight and I can really empathise with you. Don't think of it as losing your house, you have made a positive decision to use the asset to benefit you by giving you a clean slate ... ridding yourself of the worry and upset in the process. I'm sure it isn't easy to say goodbye to your house, but that is just a building, your HOME is where you make it and from the sound of it you have some real 'adventures' ahead of you to look forward to. :Smile:

Just one suggestion - visit your Citizens Advice Bureau - they are a mine of information and will be able to advise you on what you are entitled to and how to go about getting it, you may find that they hold 'drop-in surgeries' somewhere near you so won't necessarily have to go to to a town if it's a long way away. We did this when looking into stuff for my Mum and they were brilliant. :thumb:

PS: From what JJ said previously about the curry sauce on the floor ... I can now understand his 'liking' for Fray Bentos pies ... it may be therefore that you develop an unfortunate liking for them too!!!!:Eeek:

Last edited:

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Stay positive slimbob, when you hit the bottom the only way after that is up, i wish you all the best fella,
pete

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
As one door closes another one will open.

Life can be hard at times but you have made a move to make your life easier and less stressful chin up and look to the future and don't look back good luck.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I Echo everything already said.

New chapter, new beginning.

Good luck.

The only way is UP:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We echo what everyone has said here. You've done your best, sold the house and cleared your debts. Be proud of the fact that you have done that. The suggestion about sheltered housing is a really good one. Not sure about your area, but where we are there is more chance of getting sheltered housing than any other type of local authority housing.

Anyway, as everyone has said, keep thinking positive. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. xx

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Thoughts

Just read your post and our thoughts and best wishes go out to you but it looks like you are strong together and I'm sure you will come through this
Best of luck to you both
Justin and Hannah :thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Good luck and all best wishes for the future which can only get better.:thumb::thumb::thumb: you have done the hardest part, selling your home, now relax free from financial worries.

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
So very sorry to hear of your troubles and our thoughts and best wishes are with you as you begin your new life style.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We were sort of in the same position when I had to retire early with ill health. Sold the house, and bought a cheapo park home, run down but 'dooable'....(bit at a time). As I got better, I could do more, which made me feel better......Best move we EVER made. I'm sure you will find the same living in your MH.
The old saying is so very true...Every cloud does have a silver lining, no matter how black it looks in the beginning. :thumb:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Sorry to hear your problems, remember, your health is more important that material things, hope it works out. :thumb:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
Brave man, coming on here and bareing your soul to everyone.
I wish you and your good lady all the best for the future.

Living fulltime in a motorhome is fantastic!

Being debt free is even better!:Smile:

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Our thoughts are with you, life can be hard for all of us from time to time,you seem to have a positive outlook,that will help you through these difficult times.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear of your predicament, I'm sure you will come out the other side a better and steonger person and your bond as a couple will only get stronger.

Best of luck.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Don`t forget that you will need an address to send documents etc a relative or someone close to you:thumb::thumb:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,

Good luck and best wishes to you both. I hope you find peace and some fun times together again.

Steve

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
If you feel to escape in the sun and can manage financially your travel down here, you'll be welcome to have some quiet time completly free in the warmth.
Even if I am away on hols, you'll be most welcome.

I'm sure you'll get sorted very quickly !

And you have friends here to listen , give advices or just good vibes!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

slimbob... 25 odd years ago I was sitting in my tiny camper van parked in Bath with 50p in my pocket. I had just spilt my last tin of curry onto the floor and I considered scraping it off the floor and eating it!

No credit, no credit card but no debts... and no overheads.

My whole life turned around the very next day and it has just got better and better ever since.

Finding out that I could live very happily in my van was the basis for this turn around.

You have my very best wishes... I feel sure it will all work out brilliantly.

JJ :Cool:

PS. and after you have rested at Frankie's place you can always park up at QMJ in Central Portugal and stay as long as you like... no electric, no crowds, no site fees.

Frankie, JJ ............

what can I say............

You guys.........

Are just THE BEST..................

So totally CARING

Luvs you both:Smile::lips::lips:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
You have made what must have been one if the hardest decisions ever, it takes real guts to say on a forum this has happened, which just shows you are made of strong stuff, now if you can turn the negative into a positive, look at Fun's sister forum 365 find out as much as you can about full timing (a lot of peoples assperation) give your selves time to find out what is right for you, do you want a couple of years worry free, without rates electric bills etc.

Are you able to use a address for post etc, so much to think of, but like the others on Motorhome Fun, I wish you all the best and hope that silver lining is around the corner, in which ever way you choose. Good Luck and any questions on your new life style in your Motorhome well you know you are in the right place to ask. :Smile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
May the future hold brighter days ahead. If your at rock bottom now then the only way you can go is up.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It has all been said above

I have cried for you just reading this, you are both brave and 'lucky', you just don't realise it yet

Move onwards and upwards

Please feel a man hug from a MHer who could so easily have been where you are now

David

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
:Sad:

So sorry for you .... really hope that your luck changes now, all our best wishes to you both.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
everything happens for a reason and when one door shuts another opens

Perhaps this will be far less stressful for you.

Please do not feel down xxx you actually are in a fabulous position now that many would envy - no mortgage and no debts

Treat it as a new adventure - something positive

sending you big hugs xxxx

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Sorry to hear of your troubles... I'm sure that from here things can only improve for you. Best of luck.

sorry to hear of your troubles but we have been through same kind of thing,but at least you have each other, goo luck in your new venture

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
I am sure all this positivity will be rubbing off on you both by now. We also want to wish you both the very best of luck, health & happiness for the future. But to be honest, what you are doing is what many of us would love to do at some stage. You just got there slightly early. so you are there, make the most of it!
Enjoy....
And I also strongly believe that every cloud has a silver lining, and you will find yours!

All the best my forum friends :Smile:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
I feel that we have been prevented from doing a lot of the things that we would have liked to have done because we have been weighed down with ‘stuff’ – steady jobs, a house, possessions. Would we have lived a happier life without these? I often think that the answer could have been yes.

Plagiarising from ‘Postcards from Chicks Without Bricks’ by Kimberly Travaglino; When we die we will have no house, no money, no cars, no fancy titles or prestige - nothing that has any physical substance at all. The only thing that will go out with us is who we are; our experiences, our relationships, our memories, and the heart strings we’ve tied.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back