Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am a tad pissed off with the new bloody forum...

Yeah it looks better and behaves better and has more features but...

My tech people had successfully hacked the old site and, without any Funster ever realising, we had been taking 10 cents per week out of all of your accounts and putting them into mine.

They now tell me it will take months before they can break into this new one...

No more burgers for me for some time then...

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim the page width changer at the bottom of the page has disappeared.

I can't get the width changer to stay in the cookie making you have to reset each time. So I've removed that option. However I have added a style called Fun Wide, you can choose that and it will remain your default till you change it. So essentially, the problem is solved with a workaround. The story of my life.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Jim, I like the new look.
I can't get the functions bar (or whatever it's called) on the reply box to work on my Galaxy S8.
I've cleared cookies and it works ok on the iPhone and iPad. Any suggestions?

I've no experience of Android but searching the web it seems lots of Android users have had this issue but they were all a while ago and updates sorted it. Check your browser is up to date and maybe load another browser and check with that too. Best of luck (y)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I've no experience of Android but searching the web it seems lots of Android users have had this issue but they were all a while ago and updates sorted it. Check your browser is up to date and maybe load another browser and check with that too. Best of luck (y)
All updated and still no functions ☹.
Not the end of the world just mildly irritating.
Another thing, when replying to a new thread I used to be able to opt out of receiving email notifications prior to posting my comment. I can't see that facility now, do we now need to wait until the first one comes through and do it from there?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All updated and still no functions ☹.
Not the end of the world just mildly irritating.
Another thing, when replying to a new thread I used to be able to opt out of receiving email notifications prior to posting my comment. I can't see that facility now, do we now need to wait until the first one comes through and do it from there?
You should be able to change that in your settings but of course it would mean either getting all, or none.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I love the 'dark' version! Last night when I closed my 'Fun' tab (before bed ... honest!) I was faced with another tab I had open for my email by heck it was bright! The 'dark' is certainly a lot, lot kinder on the eyes. Thank you Jim ... our 'dark' lord and master! :clap2:

Reactions: Jim

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
If I go into
Blue banner three bars on left
Then Rallies
I get events in the form of a chronological list.

Is it possible to see this in grid form? I used to find this useful for spotting how events could 'follow on' and where they 'overlapped'. Viewing the whole month on one page was a lot easier than having to scroll down.

Other than that I seem to be getting the hang of things.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If I go into
Blue banner three bars on left
Then Rallies
I get events in the form of a chronological list.

Is it possible to see this in grid form? I used to find this useful for spotting how events could 'follow on' and where they 'overlapped'. Viewing the whole month on one page was a lot easier than having to scroll down.

Other than that I seem to be getting the hang of things.

Yes, if you look you have day: month and week views yy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jim there one nasty -- There is an option What's New and immediately under Mark All Read. It is so easy to hit the wrong one, luckily there is a confirm opens up but it would be safer for all if that mark all read were removed or placed in a better position.

Mark all read is an odd one anyway.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes, if you look you have day: month and week views (y)
I can see these but if I click on 'month' I get a vertical list with only a few days showing at a time. I cannot see the whole month in the form of rows of seven days.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Noo..look at your phone in landscape ie on its side. You'll see a traditional month view (y)

The only difference I get is that in portrait I see several days, in landscape I only get two.
I am using a Samsung.

Screenshot_20190616-192301_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK
For me it works like this
80BA09E6-01D8-4FDB-BCFA-19937F04A871.png
35034E61-87AD-4E37-8368-F34C055FD90B.png

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Cathryn's iPhone behaves just like yours. Unfortunately my Samsung doesn't.
Do you think it is because my old phone has a fault or because it is Android?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've just messed about setting up my Android phone and have looked at the rally calendar and mine shows just as Jim's does, ie a full week across the screen in landscape mode.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Jim ... I've just viewed the forum for the first time on my phone and it's asking me to enable push notifications, which I don't want to do, but the little 'x' to close the request box doesn't work so I can't get rid of the message ... help!

Edit ... I've just managed to get rid of it, but had to turn the phone back to portrait mode ... no idea why it wouldn't work in landscape.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Bookmarks didn't make it here
That's a real shame. :( I used that feature quite a lot. Now I have no idea what I have lost.

I'm now not sure I ought to use it in the new version either, if they are likely to be lost again in the future. Better stick to the browser bookmarks - at least I can back those up myself. Then there is only me to blame if I lose them.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The site is a lot easier to navigate, i use an android phone most of the time to read posts and also to make posts.
Thanks for all you effort Jim :happy:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

it works with Android exceptionaly well but I’m guessing your is an old phone with a low screen resolution, and even in landscape there are not enough pixels to show the calendar :(

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Dark mode was mentored by @minxygirl, I'd quite like that i think? How do i find that,? I've looked in landscape mode and it's not there?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That's a real shame. :( I used that feature quite a lot. Now I have no idea what I have lost.

I'm now not sure I ought to use it in the new version either, if they are likely to be lost again in the future. Better stick to the browser bookmarks - at least I can back those up myself. Then there is only me to blame if I lose them.

The issue we had was the last bookmark system was third party code bolted to the forum software, It was separate to it. The new bookmark system is now part of the core forum software so in the event of future upgrades, bookmarks will be safe and guaranteed to make the upgrade.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back