Well that's scuppered my Easter plans (1 Viewer)

Aug 24, 2022
South Killingholme, Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
I'm a newbie had a wobbly box when adam was a lad
Well, Wallace the van is really annoying me in all my year's caravanning I've never missed an easter meet with LCDA I will this year though due to a massive leak from the Skyview skylight can't blame it on the Swift takeover of Autocruise as it's not there cr*p sealing but the rubber seal between the frame and the window. I've had Vanroyce and Vanmasters since they started and never had water ingress issues. :swear:

Wingingit#1

Free Member
Dec 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria
Can you not seal it up in some way and still go Peter?
In our first caravan i found the roof was leaking (actually rotted through) underneath the status aerial so removed it and siliconed a kids safari animal plastic dinner plate over the hole and drove to dorset and back with it one easter .

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Check to see the seal is properly in place. I sometimes stand on the table and reach out of the skylight to clean the solar panel and sometimes disturb the seal, easy to pop back in so I always check that now.

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
I have in fact thought I'd cured it till last night we had a bit of a downpour only lasted 10 minutes max and the passenger & driver's seats were drenched the shelf under the window was a swimming pool.

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
Can you not seal it up in some way and still go Peter?
In our first caravan i found the roof was leaking (actually rotted through) underneath the status aerial so removed it and siliconed a kids safari animal plastic dinner plate over the hole and drove to dorset and back with it one easter .
ordered a maypole roof cover might chance it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back