Well, that was annoying! (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
With the lockdown I have a little time on my days off. I haven’t had many as I work for the NHS, so decided to just chill and wax the motorhome!

Normally I am very much a washing up liquid and brush kind of bloke. Never dry it off or wax it. However, when having some work done at Travelworld when we bought it there was an exact same age and model of van next to ours in the car park and it looked terrible. I therefore decided to keep ours waxed and tidy.

So with the lockdown I wasn’t prepared to shop around and have no idea when my next day off will be, so I dropped by Halfords on the way to work and grabbed an Autoglym detailing kit with wax and shampoo. It was £42 bloody quid!

Anyway, got a nice pot of gold or wax and a sponge to put the wax on. All was going well, only one side left to do. Then noticed the bottom of the pot.......

Not only was the bottom of the pot concave, the sides were actually 10mm thick plastic to make it look like there was more in the pot. So the one side of the motorhome looks very patchy and I am still amazed that I used £10 worth of wax per side of the bloody thing.

Once the lockdown is over I am going to get a lovely bottle of wax, the stuff where you could do the whole thing for less than a tenner twice!

It better last a while!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You are probably putting on far too much wax.
I use Colinite 476S the first time I used it I used nearly a whole small £20 tin on the van. Now I've found out how to apply it a tin lasts me at least 4 waxes.

I use a damp microfiber cloth to apply the wax, if you use a dry cloth you tend to apply far too much wax.

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Thanks Lenny, I did realise I might have been using too much as I ran out. Frustrating as it costs a fortune!

Lesson learned....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Funny
Reactions: f6c

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Why do you guys buy all that bl**dy expensive stuff? :rolleyes:
Harvest your own from the original source for free.
1586938169295.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back