Well that was an eventful and EXPENSIVE shopping trip! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But I bet I can find it on eBay!
Stop it ... he'd love another but we simply wouldn't use one and anyway he's got his eye on 'bigger' things at the moment! :rolleyes:

Len Amey

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
What you need @Minxy Girl is a nice little toad with an A frame, so you don't have to take the big camper on shopping trips. A Smart car for example. I think there is one for sale in General Classifieds....
Just to get the ball rolling for those of you who like to relax with a big bag of popcorn:- Why tow a toad on an ‘A’ frame (in France), when you can tow a caravan.......?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to get the ball rolling for those of you who like to relax with a big bag of popcorn:- Why tow a toad (in France), when you can tow a caravan.......?
simple answer ... because you can still use aires with a MH and toad but not with a caravan ...

PS: Bring it on ... I've got chocolate covered popcorn and have been waiting for an excuse to scoff it ... :Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Just to get the ball rolling for those of you who like to relax with a big bag of popcorn:- Why tow a toad on an ‘A’ frame (in France), when you can tow a caravan.......?
Go on then, I'll bite!
I've done both car-Caravan and Moho-toad. From a driving perspective, the toad is much easier, really don't know it's there most of the time and it doesn't slow you down (except to comply with the law). Also there is hardly any reduction in fuel consumption. A Caravan has an impact on handling, slows you down and increases fuel consumption.
Setting up on arrival generally takes longer on a Caravan than a Moho where you just have to park and unhitched the toad. ( Awnings are about the same on both)
If I'm just overnighting, I don't tend to take the toad; you don't have that option with a Caravan
A toad opens up more opportunities to visit towns, narrow roads and park in the increasing number of car parks that use height barriers at NT sites, near beaches, towns and other tourist areas.
Of course a toad tends to be smaller and less comfortable than a Caravan tow car, but it is also much cheaper to run.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Do you know what 'giz a skeg' means yet Mo ??? :D

"Nope".... :shake:

Bet you are going to tell me... :nod: (y)

No??? How long have you been north of Watford Gap???

I'll tell you mo, it mean's "I say old chap, can I have a look at that item" ... therefore "giz a skeg" = "give/let me have a look"! I used to totally confuse the bosses at work who didn't come from these 'er parts so hadn't a clue about some of the local language nuances! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just a thought.
Would the ticketer have put one on the fire engine as I'm guessing they were parked on more than one bay :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just a thought.
Would the ticketer have put one on the fire engine as I'm guessing they were parked on more than one bay :rolleyes:
Good point ... never though of 'questioning' that!

I've had an email today from the centre manager to confirm it has been cancelled so all is well and they are looking to get the signage altered to remove the 'white line' requirement, unfortunately the signs are owned by Park Watch so they have to get them to alter them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back