Well, that was a bloody mistake. (1 Viewer)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
This time last year, we were trundling around the South of France, where the weather was pleasant, to the point where I could ride my bike with just a jumper on (plus other clothes of course, before you smutty lot get going). The only fly in the ointment was the strong wind (again no smut please).

So Management and I decided that this year we would go a little later, ie the end of March, because the locally said that was best, so we are stuck here in this weather, where we could have been elsewhere.

Well, that was a bloody mistake. :mad:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
To be honest France and Spain are suffering like we are
Portugal is in the middle of Storm Emma

Where we have our holiday home in France went down to -10 this year but has been known to go even lower but thee has been Snow down in parts of Spain that have not had snow in living memory so it appears that this may be a special year we will find out next year

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
This time last year, we were trundling around the South of France, where the weather was pleasant, to the point where I could ride my bike with just a jumper on (plus other clothes of course, before you smutty lot get going). The only fly in the ointment was the strong wind (again no smut please).

So Management and I decided that this year we would go a little later, ie the end of March, because the locally said that was best, so we are stuck here in this weather, where we could have been elsewhere.

Well, that was a bloody mistake. :mad:
We have the opposite position.

For years we have been going to go to Southern Spain at the beginning of March but this is the first time we have actually booked the Tunnel to go.

Now on our second postponement. Should have left home on Thursday, then Saturday, now Tuesday if we are lucky.

Still, we are warm at home and have no limit on how long we can be be away so we’ll just sit it out, (it’s still snowing a Hooley here), with all fingers crossed.

At least we have no shortage of ice for our G&T.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don`t matter where or what the weather was like..

Silly ole fart would find summat to moan at... :winky::giggler:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Have you seen Rome and Venice?? both under Snow now. Its the Russian's fault, Putin did it according to the Yanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so it appears that this may be a special year we will find out next year

Don't bet your MH on it, my impression is the weather has been changing for the worst for 10 years. I used to fly at Camphill but gave up because I spent more time looking at bad weather than flying. Even the hardened pros of the site were seriously down on hours.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Could get worse, global warming has increased the rate of ice melting on the north pole, this increase in fresh water may be altering the North Atlantic current, which has decreased by 30% since 2004, if it stops you will be able to walk to Calais.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Very windy here at Castro Verde but when suns out it’s nice and warm

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Could get worse, global warming has increased the rate of ice melting on the north pole, this increase in fresh water may be altering the North Atlantic current, which has decreased by 30% since 2004, if it stops you will be able to walk to Calais.

So they will be able to walk from Calais to here as well, oh dear:reel:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back