Well I've had bigger pitches... (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
...but as the landlord of the Queens Head in Tirril doesn't charge anything if you're having a meal in the pub I'm not complaining. ;-). Good food and drink too!

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 198

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
its not a freebie, it costs more in food and drink than a decent site with a really nice view would cost.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
its not a freebie, it costs more in food and drink than a decent site with a really nice view would cost.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Couldn't agree more, I have said the same on here many times but always get shot down:hardhat::hardhat:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Munich

This was our allocated pitch at the site in Munich - can't remember the fee but do remember we could't open the side locker unless the Italian folded his mirror out of the way ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• PICT2991a.jpg
    PICT2991a.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 76

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I find the attitude of some, (not all, by any means), of the CC wardens leaves a lot to be desired on this issue. On visiting Rowntree Park, York, we were instructed to park rear in, even though with a German van, we then couldn't open the hab door, (nor the passenger door), for a hedge. The warden was adamant that we couldn't go in nose first, due to 'fire regulations'. I had to phone the CC main office to clarify the situation, and they then phoned him. Needles to say, we had a 'cool' stay. :Sad:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We had a smaller pitch than the OP on the campsite/aire at Lucca. The cab was overhanging the front of the pitch and we're only 7 metres long. You have to admire some Italians' efforts to screw the tourist Euro out of you.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I find the attitude of some, (not all, by any means), of the CC wardens leaves a lot to be desired on this issue. On visiting Rowntree Park, York, we were instructed to park rear in, even though with a German van, we then couldn't open the hab door, (nor the passenger door), for a hedge. The warden was adamant that we couldn't go in nose first, due to 'fire regulations'. I had to phone the CC main office to clarify the situation, and they then phoned him. Needles to say, we had a 'cool' stay. :Sad:

As they say.. rools is rools..

but in this case the warden was clearly in need of training.. common sense should have prevailed.

But lets not turn it into yet another warden bashing thread.. they have a job to do, and it's not an easy one.. poorly paid, long hours and dealing with the public for 18 hours a day must be, to say the least, .. stressful.. not for me.. I'd lose the rag and get fired on my first day.. :roflmto:

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005

We've been in similar situations using britstops.
It does negate the "how far is the nearest pub" question though after you've paid 20 or more quid to park on a site & the fridge is looking a bit sad in the entertainment area :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back