Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Well Done Olley, must be a huge reliff to see it gone after all this time, always remember an old saying, sometimes the first bid is the best bid!

Peter

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Olley,
We are planning to do the same thing. In the process of getting the B&B on the market.
When it is sold and the bank paid off we will set off in the motorhome until we decide we have had enough. Maybe 6 weeks or maybe 6 years. We shall see :thumb:

Good luck & hope it works out well for you

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Best of luck Gary, the market is crap, this offer which we accepted is the only offer we have had in 8 months. And that was well below what we wanted. :Sad:

But if I had got 50p for each of my bits of crap, I would be a millionaire. :roflmto:

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Best of luck Gary, the market is crap, this offer which we accepted is the only offer we have had in 8 months. And that was well below what we wanted. :Sad:

But if I had got 50p for each of my bits of crap, I would be a millionaire. :roflmto:

Ian

Yeh, I agree. Not under any illusion about things at the moment. Will just have to see what happens but can't afford to give it away so might still be working for a living for some time yet :cry:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just had an update from the estate agent, our buyers have moved into a temporary holiday home, have sold and moved from their house. They are looking at an exchange this Friday, with completion on Friday 4th of March.

So at the moment its looking good. :Smile:

Ian

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Good for you Olley.

We downsized just over a year ago, sold our house to our daughter so didn't get the asking price, and bought a delapidated flat nearby.
Bought our RV, and spent a year completely renovating the flat. The flat now is simply gorgeous, every square inch renewed, so, we have our "base", our Winnebago, and money left over for a comfortable existence.
With a family tragedy, we didn't get to use the RV much last year, only local but still had great times.
We shall be using the RV much more this year.
Did we do the right thing? Oh YES! It's just the clutter that takes some getting rid of. Why did we keep such junk?
Hope things go well Olley,

Craig

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Wishing you all the best Olley.:thumb:

images-4-6.jpg

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Still keeping my fingers crossed Jim. :Smile:

Ian

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Thats great news and will be keeping fingers crossed for you that all goes to plan. Selling houses is one of the most stressful things - ours is on the market now for a year and we are going to rent it out from next month. We have already moved to rented accommodation and this weekend was meant to be clearing the house for the tennents to move in. However heavy snow has kept us in our new home!

The charity shops will do well as have decided that if I havent worn things in the last 6 months they are all going!

Kath & Howie

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
When the money is exchanged, then you can breathe a sigh of relief, but it does look promising. All the best to you both.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well it ain't going to well at the moment, should have exchanged on Friday but all of a sudden the planning permission and building regs of the extension we did in 1990 is an issue. :Doh:

Apparently we had permission to build but it was never signed off, and the buyer or his solicitor is concerned that it may not have been built to a decent standard, the fact that it has stood for 21 years doesn't cut any ice. He's got three choices now, (1) drop out (2) accept an indemnity insurance we can arrange for £138 to cover him against any come back from the council, but this won't cover faulty workmanship (3) Get a full structural survey, he's already had a homebuyers survey done, and that was fine.

So he's going to sleep on it and let us know tomorrow, whether this is just a ploy to ask for reduction in price I don't know, but I phoned the estate agent and told him if the guy phones to ask for a reduction in price, or for us to pay for the survey, not to bother phoning me because the answer is no!

Ian

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just had another call from the estate agent, he wants me to call building control in the morning to ask them to come out and sign off my 22 year old extension! I think they will fall over laughing.

But if they do that saves me £138 indemnity insurance, and if they don't, what then??

Ian

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
So he's going to sleep on it and let us know tomorrow, whether this is just a ploy to ask for reduction in price I don't know, but I phoned the estate agent and told him if the guy phones to ask for a reduction in price, or for us to pay for the survey, not to bother phoning me because the answer is no!

Ian
It's a gamble---------But we are with you on this
Nigel & Pamala

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good Luck all goes well tomorrow Olley.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
yourve nothing to loose you'll need it for the next buyer anyway,

goodluck

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Been thinking:whatthe: If the council works at there usual rate, getting a letter to say its to old to sign off, or getting them out to sign it off could take weeks, and they still might not buy it, so I phoned the agent, sign by Friday or we will pull out!

Spring is here so we have a decent chance of selling it. And the wife has actually cleared her wardrobes out. ::bigsmile:

Ian

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Wish you all the best Ian, this can be so stressfull, I know when we bought ours the previous owner wanted to sell one day and not the next after 12 months of beggering around I gave an ulimatum sign and sell or I will pull out, she signed, problem was she didn't need the money.

All the best I hope it goes the way you want it to.

Rick

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Rick I remember years ago when we where selling another house, the agent was telling me about a client they had on the books, he was sure she didn't want to sell but was lonely, and enjoyed the company of people viewing. ::bigsmile:

Ian

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Good news Olley ..

now the hard work starts ... it's an unenviable task, I remember how much work it was..

Have you found a site for living in the RV ?

Jim

Yes as others say treat it a new adventure

We have what we thought at the time were setbacks only to find out later they were to our advantage ei when coming to the SW we had a deadline & the house we had chosen fell through.

We were bereft so much so that we found ourselves gazing in estate agents windows at near midnight before travelling back to London when we suddenly spotted one. So it paid off we got the estate agent to open on a sunday to view what has now become our home & its better than our original selection

Viewed offer made accepted all within 1hour:thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hope all turns out ok. Similar thing happened to me when I was selling a house that had been renovated before I had bought it, including a front porch that had been built on. I had to go with my friend who was a solicitor at the firm iI was using for conveyancing, and go to their archives and find the deeds to my house to prove that the work had been authorised by planning etc., so I know what you are going through. Could never understand why when I bought the house this never showed up!!

Dale

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Contracts exchanged at 16.00 yippy ::bigsmile: completion on Thursday, so need to get a move on.

Now the worry over selling is over, just need to worry that we are doing the right thing.:Doh: ::bigsmile:

Ian

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Well done you two, you can now breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to your new change in lifestyle.

Nigel and Pamala

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Great - congratulations - now stop worrying and go enjoy your new lifestyle - the happier you are the more relaxed your Missus will be about the whole thing.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Contracts exchanged at 16.00 yippy ::bigsmile: completion on Thursday, so need to get a move on.

Now the worry over selling is over, just need to worry that we are doing the right thing.:Doh: ::bigsmile:

Ian

Thats great news Ian, don't worry if you are doing the right thing or not, life is a journey and we make right and wrong decisions, the secret is to try and enjoy both and learn from the wrong ones.

You may find full timing not for you, fair play for having the guts to try, and not living with what if's, you also might meet a new life long friend who will enhance both your lives for ever, we did when we lived in Florida, without taking that plunge we would never have met.

One life enjoy it and the mistakes, we all make them.

Wishing you both all the best

Rick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back