Well, I Didn't See That Coming! (1 Viewer)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Best of luck.

Divorce and separation is challenging always but a positive attitude helps and you seem to have it.(y)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sad new but you have the right approach - you know what they say as one door closes others open - just have the courage to go through and open as many doors as possible. The world is your oyster. Many other solo females full time so you wont be alone

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Good luck to you and we both hope you have a good life. One thing is for sure...you have one heck of a big family to consult and stay in touch with,
We are in Benidorm with half a dozen other Funsters from 9th September for a month. If you are in the area do give us a shout and join us for a few nights.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Wishing you all the very best and many happy days ahead.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Stick at it for 12 months and this will be you :)

I've seen the Fun rally photos - all the womenfolk have this look about them. Even old-mo gets pretty close on some occasions.

article-1210171-063E1F9B000005DC-867_634x770.jpg

Good luck with The Plan.

Bedouin

Free Member
May 5, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
C lass
Exp
What an adventure you have in front of you, may you have many ups and no downs give the dog a big kiss from us remember if you don't know where your going any road will take you there. Love John n Linda xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Onwards and upwards. Now you are making almost all the decisions (I assume the dog makes most of its own decisions), decide that if you see the 'Fun' sticker on the side of my van, that you will knock on the door where there will always be a cuppa' waiting for you.
Alan
Can vouch for this invite, a lovely couple who didn't let me feel on my own when john went off home for his grand daughters party.
Delighting in rolling down hills helps lol

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hubby's round this morning for a brew and a chat and I've just been showing him your replies. We can't believe the amount of friendship and good wishes that you've sent my way. I actually had a small cry this morning after reading them all through again. There's a lot of good in the world but I must be honest and say I never thought I'd find it on an internet motorhome forum. This is a lovely community and one I hope to contribute to as time goes on.

Thanks again - from us both this time.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Stick at it for 12 months and this will be you :)

I've seen the Fun rally photos - all the womenfolk have this look about them. Even old-mo gets pretty close on some occasions.

article-1210171-063E1F9B000005DC-867_634x770.jpg

Good luck with The Plan.

Ha ha. Brilliant!

Yes! That WILL be me! (after a year of eating nothing but vegetables) :)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Okay Jackie head down to Kent for weekend meet 11th-13th September some Funsters whom have replied to your thread will be there so meet and greet is guaranteed , Go to events section top of page in blue , click scroll up to 3 months New Romney train meet sign up all is done.
Happy adventures ahead:party2: Take care.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Good luck with your new adventure. I have lived in my van for over 6 years now and there are a lot of fulltimers on this forum quite a few are solo ladies. If you have any questions about living full time in your van ask away on here and you will get lots of good advice and support.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'm compiling a list of questions as we speak!

Thank you for your offer of meeting up B-well but I'm booked on the Plymouth/Roscoff ferry on September 9th so will decline on this occasion. Another time.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
we arrive in Calais ,all being well on the same day. look out for 2 motorhomes a CI and a lifestyle hopefully travelling together. Two couples and we will lookout for you too. what motorhome do we look out for?

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I never saw it coming either ,two years ago I was sitting in the car discussing which restaurant to go to ,having a laugh , then she turned round and demanded a divorce ,no arguments,no one else involved , I did consider chucking my tent on my motorcycle and going on a world tour but I had two weddings coming up ,my son and later my daughter , so I spent the first year solo ,then I met kesriel and we hit it off straight away , two days ago we ordered our first motorhome and plan to have lots of adventures together , I wish you the very best of good fortune .
divorce is not a pleasant experience ,it can get down right depressing at times ,then you get through it and it all gets better .

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, everything passes. I'm just keeping my chin up (and the other one) and looking forward. Glad to hear things worked out for you - they usually do.

Thanks Sue! I've got a 1987 Hymer with a rather unusual paint job. Once seen never forgotten. Give's a shout if you spot me!

IMG_2349.jpg

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What, a fab picture. I'm sure if seen, we will recognise you now ! Enjoy your trip. Good luck with the future. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time on your holidays and with your future plans.....

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Jackie,
I admire your attitude and also your van, what a brilliant paint scheme, as you said 'once seen never forgotten'.
If you are ever in the York area and need anything at all please feel free to drop me a line.
Enjoy your travels wherever they may take you, have FUN :party2:

Norman.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I have a plan!

I'm booked on the boat from the Island on 24th August and am going to spend two weeks in the UK before taking the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff. After that I'll be spending the rest of September in Brittany, heading south slowly (or quickly) depending on the weather.

I did think about retracing our winter trip to Portugal along the same route to make it easier for me but, having thought about it I think it would be better for me to do something different. I don't want to get to places and remember that only a few months ago we were there together.

So, I've never been on the Roscoff ferry and never been to Brittany so that's where I'm starting. After that Ill follow the weather down the coast to San Sebastian and then follow the northern Spanish coast (never done before) before entering Portugal's north west coast (also never been done) and slowly make my way south. I love Portugal and have never had enough time to explore it properly so am really looking forward to that. In fact, I'm really looking forward to all of it now.

Boat's are booked and they're non refundable. Looks as though I"m really really going to do this!

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Getting divorced can be a start to a big new exciting life. Go for it.
Plymouth to Roscoff is a great crossing. Brittany is lovely though the weather is not always brilliant. Sites tend to close mid September if you are using them so you may need to move south.
Have a great time.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Good looking paint job will look out for you in September have a good crossing and enjoy your travels (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back