Well done Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
We had two separate bookings this year for the bus and trailer which is a tad over twelve metres. £428 and £440 (yikes). Naturally, both couldn't be used due to Covid measures.

The bookings are standard, so not refundable, but you can change the dates. So I did. Twice.

Tried to change them today and wasn't able to. Apparently you can only change them within twelve months of when you first booked them. Losing eight hundred and seventy quids wasn't very good news.

Not with any great expectation of a positive outcome, I rang Eurotunnel. I spoke to this absolutely charming lady and explained the problem. She got it straightaway and as a goodwill gesture, she then cancelled the two bookings and issued me with vouchers for the amounts. Admittedly they must be used next year, but we have to get across in 2021 so I thought this was brilliant service and said so.

Memo to self. Being nice does occasionally pay off. Might need to try it a bit more...

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We also have a voucher for the crossing we couldn't use this year, we have to make a booking within 12 months of our original crossing date but the actual crossing can be up to a year ahead of when we book, so effectively we have 2 years in which to 'use' the voucher.

I found them very helpful and efficient when I spoke to them last month. We received the voucher within a day of speaking to them.

Isn't it nice to receive good customer service 🐱

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Used them lots for car crossing and once coming back with the Motorhome, very well organised and so easy to use.
If only all companies were as good as this!!

Will be getting the frequent traveler after Xmas, only a 120 mile run to the tunnel for me so well handy, although I have Portsmouth ferry port only 10 miles away prefer the tunnel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We love frequent Traveller, its cheaper than the ferries these days and so much more practical in these CV days. On one of our trips we changed crossings (online) less than 24 hours before we originally intended to travel to 4 hours after we changed it ,. Its so easy and massively cheaper, you can see from the Avatar what we travel in for £58 each way.

In March we had 10 bookings left between us expiring at the end of September 2020 so thought we werent going to get them used. ET extended them for a further 12 months no problem. As it is we re down to 1 now so going to top up when we can see whats going on next year.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Wife booked some deals with the Village hotels group for September, non refundable and non transferable worth about £800, she phoned them on the off chance and got them all moved to next year.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We were in France in August when the requirement to quarantine came in.

We had a return journey booked for the end of September but now had to return early. We couldn’t get through on the ‘phone. The line was so busy that we just got a recorded message telling us to try again.

As our booking was with Tesco vouchers we couldn’t amend it on line so, as a result we made a totally new booking, paying again.

When we returned home we rang them, without any great expectations. With absolutely no trouble we received a voucher, valid until the end of 2022 for our original return journey, £420 including our trailer.

As we travel to Europe every year we were very happy with the result. We have always found the Tunnel to be understanding when difficulties arise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back