Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Last year, we insured our Kountrylite and Nav with Camptons but I was a bit miffed when the policy came back stating NO COMMUTING, after I specifically asked for it to be included.:Angry:

Policy is now due for renewal so, cos i was miffed, I fully intended to "shop round", even being prepared to pay more to have commuting included for what is after all, 15 grands worth of pickup!

First port pf call, Camptons, to see what it would be for this year and complain re commuting fiasco last year!

Result?

Massive appologies for slip up, commuting will be included for this years policy AND its 50 quid cheaper than last year!!!!!!!:Eeek:::bigsmile:

Thats the first time my insurance renewal has EVER gone down when I've stuck with the same company!

Well done Camptons, looks like you've retained a customer.:thumb:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Dont you get a kick out of getting a result.

Jim
:thumb:

Tell you what's an even bigger kick.::bigsmile:
Wifey, being the wonderfull, wonderfull spendthrift that she is, has, over the course of the year, managed to save more than DOUBLE the policy premium in a seperate little account!:ROFLMAO::thumb:

I can feel a candle lit dinner coming on this w/e.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well done you :thumb:

I had to change mine this year as Saga showed themselves to be inadequate in all areas.:Angry:
New motorhome=change documentation= £371-28::bigsmile:

Confirm details="sorry will have to refer it" !!..and must have a tracker !!:Doh:

2 weeks on still no quote despite agreeing to tracker !!:shout:

Day before collection= £840-00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Angry::Angry:

15 minute phone call to other Companies=Half the Sagaprice...and didn`t need a tracker.:thumb:

Complaint to Sagaafter spending a lot on a tracker when not needed="Sorry we gave you false information and it`s totally our error " but we`ll only offer you £350-00..you`ll have to stand the rest" !!!!!:Angry::Angry::RollEyes:

End result= I will NEVER go near Saga again...they couldn`t run a bath :Angry::Doh:

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Don't know if it is in comparison but here goes.

I always insure for Me, wife, two kids to drive pick up, Campton's would not do that at all so I shopped around, I insured Pickup for all above to drive Fully Comp £280.76.
Phoned park Insurance services and insured Fiver New for Old for £299. When I initially phoned I was told just over £300 but when all details taken for actual policy down to £299 and £50 excess.

365 days Europe included

No idea how it compares but I am well chuffed.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davidjones

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
Camptons

I've been with Camptons since we got our Kountrylite and use the Navara to commute a short distance and as a second 'car' so I was troubled to read about the no commuting. Glad it's sorted out especially as I've renewed with Camptons with a lower premium than last time. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back